Proghorn hunt for foreigners recommendation guide

Suera

FNG
Hi guys, I'm from Spain. I'm looking for a good guide that can provide me and amazing hunt and a good trophy at a reasonable price.
I am not looking a monster I only want enjoy the experience of hunt this beautiful animal and have a representative of the specie to bring with me.
I don't want fence areas and if it is possible to hunt with bow better.
I read about some guides here, but I don't know how it works this for foreigners like me.
Thank you for your help guys.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
What state are you looking for, what area of said state? Have you put in for the draw in that state or are you just looking for over the counter tags?

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
New Mexico Land owner tags would be my first choice if I was in your situation. No guided pronghorn antelope hunt is going to be cheap. You would not have to mess with learning the tag draw system of each state. Just do a google search of New Mexico antelope outfitters. This will give you several to choose from.

OP
Suera

Suera

FNG
What state are you looking for, what area of said state? Have you put in for the draw in that state or are you just looking for over the counter tags?
I don't know sir, i haven't preferences only i want to hunt , i don't know how it works the tag system

OP
Suera

Suera

FNG
New Mexico Land owner tags would be my first choice if I was in your situation. No guided pronghorn antelope hunt is going to be cheap. You would not have to mess with learning the tag draw system of each state. Just do a google search of New Mexico antelope outfitters. This will give you several to choose from.
Thank you sir, i will watch about it, it sounds great for me because like you say I don't understand how works the tag system in each state but maybe no guided hunt in a different country it could be difficult to be successful in the hunt

OP
Suera

Suera

FNG
Buona fortuna!
Have you ever hunted roe buck in Italia, hermano?
Always been a dream of mine.
Hi.
I never hunted roebucks in Italy because I hunte them in my country Spain, we have more and better trophies than in Italy, i have a lot of tags in my lands, all the years I hunt lots of them, one of my favorite animal for hunt.
If you want hunt someone, we are here

Mojave

WKR
Suera,
Hola Amigo,

I can help you find an outfitter.

I lived about half of my life in Europe; Southern Spain in Rota de Andalucia, Germany and Italy and Australia. I hunted in Spain and Germany, and am very familiar with your situation.

Much like Europe, we have outfitters where you book direct and big agencies where you book through an agency.

In your case I recommend an Agency that deals with international clients. Like WTA, formerly Cabelas Outfitters.

There are other outfitters and other agents. The key for you is probably a situation where you didn't have to draw a tag. I do not work for WTA, and have no affiliation with the company other than I am a customer.

I have also used a lot of European booking agencies when I lived in Germany and Spain.

Please note on the left hand side of the page you can select "no draw required". If you select this it will give you outfitters that offer a direct purchase program as they are alloted a number of tags from the state wildlife department.

These hunts are in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Nebraska. Any of these will give you what you want for around $3500-5500 on private land. There are some high end macho de oro type pronghorn hunts for $6500 to $15,000.

You could also attempt to draw a tag in a state like Wyoming, and then either hire an outfitter or hunt on your own. It will only be about $800-1500 cheaper, and will take 4-10 years to get enough points to draw a tag. Maybe longer with the winter die off from last winter and the upcoming drought.

Our land management system in the United States is really 50 different systems. Every state it works differently. We have a huge network of public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service, as well as State lands. But! all wildlife in the Western USA belongs to the state not the federal government or a private entity. We have very few high fence ranches in the Western USA, and in that case they would own the elk on their ranch.

No one is offering high fence hunts for pronghorns. They do not exist.

Please PM me directly if you have questions.

OP
Suera

Suera

FNG
Suera,
Hola Amigo,

I can help you find an outfitter.

I lived about half of my life in Europe; Southern Spain in Rota de Andalucia, Germany and Italy and Australia. I hunted in Spain and Germany, and am very familiar with your situation.

Much like Europe, we have outfitters where you book direct and big agencies where you book through an agency.

In your case I recommend an Agency that deals with international clients. Like WTA, formerly Cabelas Outfitters.

There are other outfitters and other agents. The key for you is probably a situation where you didn't have to draw a tag. I do not work for WTA, and have no affiliation with the company other than I am a customer.

I have also used a lot of European booking agencies when I lived in Germany and Spain.

Please note on the left hand side of the page you can select "no draw required". If you select this it will give you outfitters that offer a direct purchase program as they are alloted a number of tags from the state wildlife department.

These hunts are in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Nebraska. Any of these will give you what you want for around $3500-5500 on private land. There are some high end macho de oro type pronghorn hunts for $6500 to $15,000.

You could also attempt to draw a tag in a state like Wyoming, and then either hire an outfitter or hunt on your own. It will only be about $800-1500 cheaper, and will take 4-10 years to get enough points to draw a tag. Maybe longer with the winter die off from last winter and the upcoming drought.

Our land management system in the United States is really 50 different systems. Every state it works differently. We have a huge network of public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service, as well as State lands. But! all wildlife in the Western USA belongs to the state not the federal government or a private entity. We have very few high fence ranches in the Western USA, and in that case they would own the elk on their ranch.

No one is offering high fence hunts for pronghorns. They do not exist.

Please PM me directly if you have questions.
Thank you know I have clear how it works

Hi.
I never hunted roebucks in Italy because I hunte them in my country Spain, we have more and better trophies than in Italy, i have a lot of tags in my lands, all the years I hunt lots of them, one of my favorite animal for hunt.
If you want hunt someone, we are here
Next time that I am over there, I will look you up!

Kurts86

WKR
If you accumulate 4+ preference points in Wyoming you can draw a decent tag to hunt DIY, fly to Denver, rent a jeep and go hunt pronghorn. Success rates are 80%+ so there is no reason to get a guide for pronghorn besides buying access to an easy to draw or a guaranteed tag in New Mexico.

You could probably find an outfitter in eastern Colorado with easy to draw or landowner tags. It's probably too late for this year but I suspect they are fairly easy to come by.

The New Mexico suggestion above is probably your easiest route.

Honestly... If I was in your shoes of wanting to do the hunt and kill an antelope, not so much looking for a huge one...

I'd pick the area where I wanted to be looking around, and work backwards from there to figure out how.

That said, Nebraska has OTC archery tags, and I do like the NW corner of Nebraska.

Laramie

WKR
Honestly... If I was in your shoes of wanting to do the hunt and kill an antelope, not so much looking for a huge one...

I'd pick the area where I wanted to be looking around, and work backwards from there to figure out how.

That said, Nebraska has OTC archery tags, and I do like the NW corner of Nebraska.
Keep in mind, Nebraska has recently changed their regulations and tag allotments. Non-residents are now limited. For someone travelling as far as the OP is, I think the added expense for a guide makes a lot of sense. There are areas in Wyoming a person can draw easily because they are primarily private land. There are plenty of guides that operate in these areas, making a Wyoming hunt, even this fall, pretty doable.

Keep in mind, Nebraska has recently changed their regulations and tag allotments. Non-residents are now limited. For someone travelling as far as the OP is, I think the added expense for a guide makes a lot of sense. There are areas in Wyoming a person can draw easily because they are primarily private land. There are plenty of guides that operate in these areas, making a Wyoming hunt, even this fall, pretty doable.
Wasn't intended as an endorsement of Nebraska.

But very true, if you're hunting internationally a guide is most likely in the budget, and money well spent.