Pro Plan Sport 30/20 chicken/rice- BUGS!

For everybody feeding PPS, are you guys seeing an increase in weevils and larvae in your dog food? I’ve noticed them before, but the last several bags have been getting nasty. Ingestion is supposed to be harmless, but for $100/bag, I’m expecting a little better quality control by Purina. I’ll post a short video.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
$100 per bag seems crazy expensive. How long does it last? Here in Alberta my wife and I spend about $230-250 per month to feed our two golden retrievers a raw diet.

$100usd is like $175CAD lol

KurtR

WKR
For everybody feeding PPS, are you guys seeing an increase in weevils and larvae in your dog food? I’ve noticed them before, but the last several bags have been getting nasty. Ingestion is supposed to be harmless, but for $100/bag, I’m expecting a little better quality control by Purina. I’ll post a short video.

It’s not a purina problem it’s the distribution problem of how it’s stored. This was all over a few weeks ago in the retriever world.

That being said I feed kinetic and it worked better for my dog than proplan. Some pros I know have switched over and really like the results.

Dos XX

WKR
I bought a bag from a farm supply store a few years ago that had bugs. I found a hole in the bag.

It wasn't Purina's fault. It is a pretty sturdy bag. Now I check them over before I store them in the pantry.

I called, or maybe I emailed, Purina and they sent me coupons enough to cover 2) 50 lb bags. I was satisfied with that.

KurtR

WKR
That’s one thing you can’t question about purina their customers service is top notch and no one does more to support dog games. Even though I don’t feed their food I will never run them down good people their.