Pro/Anti-Hunting List?

tony

WKR
Believe Steve Speck said Jet boil was anti hunting in a few podcasts.
Wouldn't anti hunting accompany anti gun as well?
This could be a long list.

I believe you may have the wrong backpack manufacturer's podcast.

I have listened to quite a few of Exo's podcasts and never heard him badmouth anybody. In fact, it's one of the many reasons I like their podcast.

To your point, it appears that Jetboil is owned by Johnson Outdoors. The same parent company of Old Town, kayaks and canoes. Old Town lists models such as the sportsman and predator with features such as shotgun shell holders.

I wouldn't immediately call them anti-hunting.

Certainly Jetboil sells to more non-hunting customers but it would be asinine for them to outrightly alienate hunters.

tony

WKR
Possibly, though maybe his comment was he asked for one for testing one was not provided.
I'll email he and Mark to clarify, as I don't want to spread the wrong information.
I edited my first post to reflect the above

Last edited:

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
I just think it’s gonna take a lot of work to be that passionate and idealistic and you’re probably gonna end up not buying anything or doing anything

It is not really that difficult: When you hear that some business is anti hunting, just write them off and buy from their non anti-hunting competitors. Drop them an email to let them know why their competitor is getting your business.

Companies like to take virtue signaling anti hunting stances believing that it will garner more business from the masses. Voting with our $$$ is the only way to fight back.

To my mind this anti hunting stuff is getting out of hand. There seems to be a tipping point where it seems to become a social cognition. Canada and some of our western states are already at this point, with hunting being banned at the ballot box.

Gobbler36

WKR
It is not really that difficult: When you hear that some business is anti hunting, just write them off and buy from their non anti-hunting competitors. Drop them an email to let them know why their competitor is getting your business.

Companies like to take virtue signaling anti hunting stances believing that it will garner more business from the masses. Voting with our $$$ is the only way to fight back.

To my mind this anti hunting stuff is getting out of hand. There seems to be a tipping point where it seems to become a social cognition. Canada and some of our western states are already at this point, with hunting being banned at the ballot box.
The other side does this very well with woke cancel culture but for some reason “our“ side can never get organized the same way and just buy from people that hate our way of life

gabenzeke

WKR
I believe Aron Snyder has said this before. But one time I said they were anti hunting in a Facebook group and a guy that claimed to work there jumped in to say that wasn't true. I believe he pointed out they have a hunting section of their website or something. Or maybe hunting was just mentioned as a use case on their website? Can't remember, but there's at least one dude that works there that says this isn't true.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
I just think it’s gonna take a lot of work to be that passionate and idealistic and you’re probably gonna end up not buying anything or doing anything
Not trying to make this a political thing or nitpick. But if there's a company that is majorly and actively working against my favorite hobby, then I'll steer clear. And vice versa.

Just because a company has a hunting line or advertises to hunters doesn't mean that they pro-hunting. They are like any other business and will make money where they can. Then spend a hunters money on anti-hunting stances. Patagonia is anti-military, yet have a pretty good line of military clothing that has/is issued. They try not to let it be publicly known too well though.

From my previous post, I took out a CC that was though The National Wild Turkey Federation. Few months later found out they CC company was anti-hunting, canceled the card and let the NWTF know I would not benefit them through the other company.

Htm84

WKR
Just because a company has a hunting line or advertises to hunters doesn't mean that they pro-hunting. They are like any other business and will make money where they can. Then spend a hunters money on anti-hunting stances. Patagonia is anti-military, yet have a pretty good line of military clothing that has/is issued. They try not to let it be publicly known too well though.

From my previous post, I took out a CC that was though The National Wild Turkey Federation. Few months later found out they CC company was anti-hunting, canceled the card and let the NWTF know I would not benefit them through the other company.
Got any examples of Patagonia being anti military?

Bbrinks

FNG
I believe you may have the wrong backpack manufacturer's podcast.

I have listened to quite a few of Exo's podcasts and never heard him badmouth anybody. In fact, it's one of the many reasons I like their podcast.

To your point, it appears that Jetboil is owned by Johnson Outdoors. The same parent company of Old Town, kayaks and canoes. Old Town lists models such as the sportsman and predator with features such as shotgun shell holders.

I wouldn't immediately call them anti-hunting.

Certainly Jetboil sells to more non-hunting customers but it would be asinine for them to outrightly alienate hunters.
They talked about in episode 90, but like gabenzeke said, they just reached out to them but didn’t receive a stove for testing.