Private Pilots in NC

TaperPin

WKR
There was no restricted airspace at the time and 2 days later the same pilot was asked to return and help.
The pilot had acquired radio frequencies that emergency services were using.
He did what he was required to do to that point.

And I’ll admit that I have zero experience as a pilot or knowledge of what the requirements are for obtaining or retaining a license to fly a helicopter or airplane.
And I will say that I am thankful for the people who willingly volunteer (in a lot of scenarios) as first responders to deal with these situations.

But, when you have a situation that is being described as “apocalyptic” and “never seen before” sometimes protocol needs to tossed to get shit done before more people die.
If people’s lives are at stake, I’m not waiting on permission.
The guy didn’t check in with anyone. He fuel up at an airport and since they we’re only selling fuel to those responding to the emergency he wrongly assumed the kid selling fuel somehow vetted him and gave permission to do whatever he wanted. That alone shows he had poor judgement in my mind. Did he make contact with a volunteer group and keep working, or just fly home mad?

FEMA is about broke. All the money spent on undocumented immigration. Billions upon billions sent to Ukraine and elsewhere around the world...even to countries that hate America. Nothing left for US citizens in serious disasters. Insurance companies allowed to rip off natural disaster victims. Who the heck has been running this country and is allowing this? Maybe it's time for a shake-up in Washington DC. Guess what next month is. My heart goes out to these victims who feel left behind by their government. Now we need to do something about it.
Guess who is in charge of funding agencies - the House of Representatives. I agree with you on voting those responsible out of the House! Lol

IdahoElk

WKR
Rogan was talking about this. Some idiots post some fake stories about a current event. The media jumps on it and screams DISINFORMATION!!! Then the 50% of the country that has some kind of political bias against the issue dismisses the entire thing as nonsense. It's pretty genius really. It doesn't help when Marjorie Taylor Green starts talking about how "They" can control the weather and that's why only red counties were affected. I like her, but I think she might have been smoking crack that day.
This was 70yrs ago

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
@TaperPin. I may have to watch it again to see about the fuel kid giving him permission to do what he did.
He did check in with someone after he rescued a victim. That’s when he was threatened with arrest and told he couldn’t go back for his son.

ETA. I believe he did fly home after that.