Private Land Archery Elk Guides Recs

jpalmer83

FNG
Hey, Looking for any recommendations for a guide for next September for archery elk most likely on private land. Nothing needing that many points. Couldn't draw in Wyoming yet. I've been on two public land hunts with great experiences in Montana and Wyoming but I'm 0 for 2. Looking to increase the odds a little bit by going private land. Budget would be under 8K not including tag. I know that rules out New Mexico land owner tag hunt. I'm from PA and goal would be being able to fly out in the morning and be hunting that evening. I did horseback pack in hunt first year and was incredible but will put off that style hunt for now to save days away from kids. Would preface I don't need to chase a trophy, would be thrilled with a decent bull. Appreciate any help.

Jaquomo

WKR
Bear Mountain Ranch in Kremmling CO. OTC licenses, great accommodations, lots of elk and some very good bulls. I first started hunting there in the 70s when it was lots of BLM (before the land trades), then hunted it and guided after the land trades.

KHNC

WKR
There is a reservation hunt in New Mexico in your price range too. Not Jicarilla , but I cant think of the name. A buddy of mine and his wife go every year .

Edit: Scratch this, the cost is much more this year than it has been.

Last edited:
OP
J

jpalmer83

FNG
Thanks. I did talk to Brad with Bear mountain. Sounds like a good operation. Might be booked up though. Also considering Chimney Rock outfitters in Montana. Have fished their creek off the Yellowstone before.

Might check out Flat Tops Wilderness, I’m booking with them in CO for my first guided elk hunt. Forest came across as a great guy and had good references on Bowsite.

wytx

WKR
Might check out Flat Tops Wilderness, I’m booking with them in CO for my first guided elk hunt. Forest came across as a great guy and had good references on Bowsite.
I'm on Bowsite and he gets great reviews and does seem like a great guy. Options on his hunts too.

I'm on Bowsite and he gets great reviews and does seem like a great guy. Options on his hunts too.
Yup and he is active on the forum as well. Another one that I spoke with and actually booked a cow hunt with this year is Jokers Wild. He had a handful of reviews and they are all 4 and 5 star. The only problem I have is I find these good outfits on there and end up spending money 😂

Hammer em’ outfitters, giant private ranch. Great guides I assume they’d be sub 8k for archery. There will be likely sightings of 370-380 bulls, seem to kill a lot of 325-360s. Definately worth a look. Better book any hunt soon for this year! Good guides will be booked quick.

Hammeremoutfitters.com

I just looked them up based on another recommendation and it was $9k for archery and $8500 for rifle. In the scheme of things not bad considering the quality and being private land.