Prince of Wales DIY Hunt Transporters / Skiff Rentals

ARucker

FNG
Hi everyone,
I'm planning a late Sept. / early Oct. hunt this year and I'm having a lot of trouble finding rentals and reliable transporters. Two of us will be flying from Seattle into Ketchikan and then are hoping to get an air taxi or transporter to fly us POW to pick up a boat and hopefully two kayaks. We'll be hunting on the eastern side of the island. We don't need anything fancy in terms of the boat, it just needs to be big enough to haul the two of us our gear, 2 kayaks, and meat back. Preferably a cheap skiff rental. The trip is mainly hunting, so we don't need a nice fishing boat and we'll be leaving it most of the day/trip. I've spent hours and hours emailing and looking up rental companies online and everyone seems to be booked.

I'm not opposed to being dropped off by boat with 2 kayaks either. Worst case I'm looking at a drop hunt and possibly bringing two collapsable kayaks. Any recommendations, info on rental companies, or links to trusted transporters you guys have used would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Google it. I’ve been up there fishing a few years.

I just googled and boat rentals pop right up for POW.

Don’t forget, the island has an extensive road network unlike other Alaskan coastal areas. So you could possibly drive to a cove and kayak etc

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmeyer733

FNG
Island air and/or the ferry for travel from Ketch to POW. curious to know what you find available for rentals

Chugaglug

FNG
we've rented vehicles and boats from Hollis adventure rentals a bunch, always good experiences, they do get booked out pretty far though. i'm sure you've checked with powoutfitter.com? are you planning on hunting the south east side? north east side has plenty of access but yea boats can really up your game for the southeast side. I personally wouldn't want to be running a skiff down from thorne bay that time of year though. I'd be looking more at a fly in drop camp.

hammy907

FNG
Call Hollis Adventure Rentals and ask DJ. That guy has a ton of connections around the island, and we use him often when we are down there for work/hunting