Primus ETAexpress stove ?

Shrek

WKR
Sierra Trading Post has the primus eta express with 1L pot and fry pan lid for about $60 and I have a 35% off code. Brings it down to $47 and change. Want to pull the trigger if the stove is good to go. So , is it a decent stove for less than $50 or should I save my dollars for something else ? Is anyone using one who can comment ?

I use it. Its amazing and it really sips the fuel. Boils water very quick even at elevation. I totally recommend it. I will say the lighter unit on the stove is a POS. So bring along a bick or something else to get it going.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Thanks Nik , the code was going to expire so I pulled the trigger. Got the 1L pot and fry pan lid with the stove and some Hanwag yukons for 35% off :) Feel good about the stove now after your review and a half dozen I googled.

slim9300

WKR
Edit: Oops. I read ETA Solo for some reason.

I have one. It's a very good stove. I prefer my Jetboil SOL but they are both great in my opinion. The SOL boils water about 40% faster and seems a little sturdier, but the ETA Solo has never failed me.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I don't think I will have any problems. The swedes make quality stuff usually and at @ $54 with shipping It seemed to be a good deal and much less than the jetboil I was looking at.