Primer Packaging

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
47C485AE-4417-41C0-A623-06C825E562A0.jpeg

Is this how primers normally come packaged? Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I’m just getting started with reloading. Seems…haphazard.

- RadDad

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Guess that answers my question! As you were, everyone. Thanks Dos XX.
Sorry. I was being a smart-ass. If you buy 1k Federal primers, they come in a much bigger box that takes up a lot of space. Inside the big box is 10 smaller boxes of 100 primers, each with a slide out tray.

That said, I would not be worried about your CCI primers being oriented up and down in the package.

OP
RadDad

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry. I was being a smart-ass. If you buy 1k Federal primers, they come in a much bigger box that takes up a lot of space. Inside the big box is 10 smaller boxes of 100 primers, each with a slide out tray.

That said, I would not be worried about your CCI primers being oriented up and down in the package.
No worries! You legitimately answered my question. My apologies if that came across as sarcastic.

Just seems odd to package the trays that way. Guess I’ll just have to be careful not to touch the anvil side as someone else said.

- RadDad

packer58

WKR
No worries! You legitimately answered my question. My apologies if that came across as sarcastic.

Just seems odd to package the trays that way. Guess I’ll just have to be careful not to touch the anvil side as someone else said.

- RadDad
Like was mentioned above, get yourself a primmer flip tray, their cheap enough and work great. You say your new to reloading so i'll share my method ......

I use a RC junior to de-prime with a Lee universal de-priming die, this old press also has a priming arm and excepts primer drop tubes. So when i'm priming brass ... lets say 40 pieces, i'll slide the primer box over 4 rows of primers and dump into the flipper tray, shake it a bit to flip the primers, put the cover on and turn it over. At that point the primers are ready to load into the tubes and then into the press, all this is done without ever touching a single primer with my fingers.
There are other ways for sure, this is just how I do it ......

rayporter

WKR
federals are on their side in the 100 count box so they land haphazardly when dumped. so yea, you need a primer flipper unless your primer tray has a flipper built in.

sdupontjr

WKR
Upside down, sideways, be lucky you actually have some large rifle primers. They can be oriented any which way in that box because I'm still looking for some. Ha

wapitibob

WKR
An old rcbs primer seater has ridges that flips your primers when you shake it. Put a 10-32 screw thru the handle with a jamb nut and you have a micro adjustable primer seater.