Prices in Italy are very cheap right now

OP
S

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Not exactly. While it is true that Italy did sign Belts and Roads and had gotten closer to China since 2013, some of those gains have been lost after the Chinese support for Russian in Ukraine.

As for brands, like boots, most are still made in Italy, in Italian factories. Several of the factories are made in the same area I was staying at for the past month. And most are still owned by the original families (Scarpa, Zamberlan, etc.). These products are not made in China.

Nacho7

FNG
Maybe the (insert citizenship) are working inside the factories? First trip as an adult to Rome went inside a cafe and did an immediate U-turn. Put it this way they weren’t Italians, not one behind the counter. Not saying quality workmanship doesn’t exist. Just that the artigiano is getting harder to find and machines and automation help the bottom line. The mountains are little more insulated from foreigners but they’re venturing out just like tourists. One building in a small town would have its lights on all night…working. Never seen them during the day and know they’re not locals. My 2 cents.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The Euro has really come down to the dollar and they're almost even again. I remember back in 2002+ living in Italy when we could get 1.14 euro's to the dollar. Man, there were some deals back then on everything Italy sells. Would be cool to be over there now seeing this, and scoring on some deals.
When they still used the Lira it was like stealing!