Preference Points

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Colorado is actually a bargain state for points for deer/elk/antelope. Once you've applied the first time, there isn't a fee for points, just the application. You can draw some units with zero points deer and elk. I see you are in the Mountian Goat forum but don't know if you just meant goats. I can't speak for them. I'd just assess your 3-20 year hunting goals and see if you need points in Colorado. If you do, they are worth it.

Last edited:

JG358

WKR
They refund the cost of the tag and keep the application fee, so it really only cost you $3 to get a point. Just have to loan them a good chunk of change for a couple months. If you want to hunt goats somtime down the road, I'd say its worth getting the points.

Preference Points

"The cost of applying isn't cheap, how many years does it take to get a tag in Colorado?"

You do not even get into the Mt Goat pool until you have applied for 3 years and "how many years does it take to draw a tag" ......how old are you? Lottery It can take 10+ years depending on the area

JDC

FNG
Three years until you are in the pool but for $25 bucks not too bad. At this point it beats $6K for a hunt somewhere else with a guaranteed tag... The application fee is $3 and the point is $25 At least thats the way i read it when i applied yesterday....

OP
Brandon Pattison
Sounds like sheep. Expensive! But, like stated earlier, it is a whole lot cheaper than the alternative.