Preference on KU vs Regular Long Pockets?

millsms

FNG
I am looking at adding a grab it and a top zip pocket soon to the DT3. The grab it is only 4 oz and the KU top zip is 4.5 oz. The light pockets (single 500 Cordura) for a top zip come in at 9 oz i believe.
Anyone that has experience with the KU long pocket on a regular pack see a problem other than having to get the attachement buckles?
Anyone using any setups like this?

I frequently use the KU pockets on their regular packs with no problems. I do it solely for the weight savings. I know there are a couple of other people on here that at least use the waist belt pockets so I'm sure others will chime in soon.
So far I have had no problems as far as durability with either the KU pockets or my KU packs.

Curtis C

WKR
I use the KU longs as stuff sacks to sort gear in my pack until meat goes in the pack, then the already filled KU longs attach to the outside. I like them for just what your planning.

C

OP
millsms

millsms

FNG
Yeah thanks guys..I looking at keeping my rain gear handy in the longs and that will work out great. Just wanted to see if people like using the KU pockets with regular hunting pack and the configuration (buckle attachments) weren't an issue.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I use the KU possible pouches and the long pockets with my packs. The KU long pockets are big enough to hold my 85mm spotter as it won't fit in the side pockets when the pack is packed full to attaching it to the side of the pack in the KU pocket works fine until I get camp setup and take off with a much less full pack and can use the side pockets on the Timberline again.