Powder Funnel

hunterjmj

WKR
I bought a machined aluminum powder funnel for my 300WM probably 5 years ago and I'd like to buy another for 223 but I cannot remember the name of the company. They are in Idaho and each funnel/caliber is color coded.
Can you guys help me find out who it was? They also made a sweet bolt knob with knurling to match the Nightforce knurling on the focus and turrets.

I bought a machined aluminum powder funnel for my 300WM probably 5 years ago and I'd like to buy another for 223 but I cannot remember the name of the company. They are in Idaho and each funnel/caliber is color coded.
Can you guys help me find out who it was? They also made a sweet bolt knob with knurling to match the Nightforce knurling on the focus and turrets.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
That's it. Dang, I tried google searching custom fennels, reloading funnels, etc without luck. Thank you. Precision hardcore gear makes some nice stuff.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
That's awesome! Really appreciate it. I'm going to start getting parts for a .223 rifle so I need the funnel. Those funnels are the cats meow.

Oh you’re getting yourself into a hole now! I bought a Tikka .223 off of here in April and the rest of my rifles have been sitting idle in the safe ever since!

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Oh you’re getting yourself into a hole now! I bought a Tikka .223 off of here in April and the rest of my rifles have been sitting idle in the safe ever since!
I know. 😳 I made the mistake of reading the 223 thread now I have to have one. Im going to replicate my 300wm without a muzzle brake.

I still love my big guns but I can’t bring myself to bother shooting them anymore when this .223 is so much fun to plink with. It’s really taught me to read the wind. I could cheat it quite a bit with 210’s out of my 300WM but there’s no cheating it with the .223

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
I'm sure! I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be at least a year before I pull the trigger. Have to buy reloading stuff for it, stock, barrel, action, etc. I can't afford it all at once so a little at a time. I shot a .17 REM for years on coyotes so I'm excited for a small caliber again. Do you shoot 210 VLD? Never tried those since I shot the 215 hybrid but I'm about out so I have a decent amount of 200.20x to start on after I shoot the 215's up. Curious how these will shoot.

I'm sure! I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be at least a year before I pull the trigger. Have to buy reloading stuff for it, stock, barrel, action, etc. I can't afford it all at once so a little at a time. I shot a .17 REM for years on coyotes so I'm excited for a small caliber again. Do you shoot 210 VLD? Never tried those since I shot the 215 hybrid but I'm about out so I have a decent amount of 200.20x to start on after I shoot the 215's up. Curious how these will shoot.
That’s a good call, I bought mine ready to roll with a scope, Lapua brass and 77TMK’s included so I just pulled the trigger. I already had a boatload of Varget so it made sense for me.

I’ve had great luck with the 210 VLD’s. I’ve got around 1,000 of them still so I have no plans to change. I use 7828SSC and push them right close to 3K FPS. Retumbo will push them even faster but I don’t feel the need.

amassi

WKR
That's it. Dang, I tried google searching custom fennels, reloading funnels, etc without luck. Thank you. Precision hardcore gear makes some nice stuff.

Custom fennels are big in the licorice racket.
J/K glad you found it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
If I didn't want to mimick my 300 I'd just buy a tikka. I'm planning on the 77 TMK as well. 🤣 I'll have to pick your brain a bit when the time comes to start loading.
I've got about 10 lbs of H1000 left and it's a good match for the 215. Im running around 2850. I could probably speed that up as well but it's a shooter right where it's at so I just load the same thing.

If I didn't want to mimick my 300 I'd just buy a tikka. I'm planning on the 77 TMK as well. 🤣 I'll have to pick your brain a bit when the time comes to start loading.
I've got about 10 lbs of H1000 left and it's a good match for the 215. Im running around 2850. I could probably speed that up as well but it's a shooter right where it's at so I just load the same thing.
@amassi is actually who I bought the gun from😅 I’m pretty sure I just mimicked his loads and they ended up being around a 1moa 10 shot group. My only issue now is finding more 77gr TMK’s haha

Man I haven’t seen anything here in Oregon, I’ll have to hunt a little harder though. I mostly gave up on checking local stores after they started price gouging on powder and primers

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
If I knew then what I know now I'd have enough 215's, CCI 250's and H1000 for a lifetime. 🤷‍♂️ I just paid $59.99 for a pound of H1000 a couple weeks ago. I use to buy a pound of powder, box of bullets and a couple hundred primers without thinking it would go away. I took those times for granted.