Powder Dispenser reviews

BBob

WKR
I haven’t used my Chargemaster for many years. I’ve been through several upgrades to the Autotrickler. Currently have a V4 and waiting on an Ingenuity Precision trickler to install on a V3. I’ll never go back to the Chargemaster. The Autotrickler’s are faster and near zero over under charges with the powders I’m using. The only reason I kept the Chargemaster was to throw a pre charge for setting up earlier versions of the Autotrickler. The V4 doesn’t require that.

I've run a Chargemaster for years and it's a great system. Made the switch to the fx120i V3 a few years back and it's a game changer. I'm able to load more rounds in less time allowing me to shoot more.

On the flip side, my Intellidropper has performed flawlessly for approximately 1000rds between my .308 and a couple of 300WMs I load for.
Mine is also money. Several thousand rounds over the past two years. Musta got lucky.

PRC_GUY

WKR
AUTO TRICKLER V4 is the best for me, I used to have both Frankfort and Hornady Auto Pro.
save lot time and I enjoy reload more and more with V4.

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
When of the best things I bought was a cheap electronic scale. I don't have enough life left for a balance beam.

Thinking about rcbs auto. I got to dispensers seat up now.

I hate changing between loads. This might help I got some fleet farm gift cards and they have rcbs.

Spare me children will die if you don't use balance beam. I have check weights.

merrittchristen

FNG
Classified Approved
Charge master is fine next level a&d with v4 autotrickler. Better yet a&d with supertrickler. I now run the super trickler time is money and this is the best I’ve found.

CCooper

WKR
I run 2 chargemaster lites at the same time. Very fast and have no problems getting very accurate loads. MK Machine sells an outsert that slows it down a touch but prevents overthrows. Biggest thing with the chargemasters is to let them warm up for 30 minutes or so.

If I had the money I would jump to an auto trickler.
It sure is nice to have several for different powders. Cleanouts are a PITA when switching powders.

swopie

FNG
I’m the odd man out here I went back to a manual powder dumper with the micrometer adjustment, manual powder trickier and electronic scale. I competition shoot, and it was taking way too long to load. I can double what my electric scale was doing with more precision.

Mine is also money. Several thousand rounds over the past two years. Musta got lucky.

Well, turns out I was only lucky for two years. My FA intellidropper just gave up the ghost. Have a message into customer service but bought a CM Link in the meantime. So far I'm liking it much better.

ID_Matt

WKR
It sure is nice to have several for different powders. Cleanouts are a PITA when switching powders.
I agree. However, I use mine for speed and running multiple at once. I am too scared to leave powder in the hopper for an extended period of time due to potential drying.

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
I have the RCBS Chargemaster Lite, which is a lot quicker than my beam scale. But I also have a Frankford digital scale right next to the Chargemaster. I zero them both with the same pan, and I double check every charge on the digital scale. If I’m doing load development charges, the weights need to be the same. If I’m loading practice rounds, if the charges are within 0.1 grains, that’s close enough. It doesnt add much time to double check the charge, and I feel a lot more confident that I’m loading accurate loads.

roymunson

WKR
The only issue i had with my first Chargemaster Lite was when I stripped the gears on the spout by spinning it by hand. Once I'd paid my stupid tax and purchased another one, its done all I want to do with it.

seand

WKR
You have to be shooting very far, with an extremely accurate rifle, extremely consistent brass prep, temperature stability. Etc for small variations in powder charge to be meaningful. Especially at hunting ranges and animal size targets.

I like the cool toys too, and looked into a V4. If all I loaded was H4831/H1000 (long stick) and I did it a ton, or was shooting F-class maybe it would be worth it. But my thrown charges shoot fine at 600 in my hunting rifles, weighing/ trickling doesn’t improve it enough to see it on target in my experience.

Your needs may be different but I think there is a real misunderstanding of how little a couple tenths in charge weight actually matters on target, and how accurate the scales most folks use are anyway.

I really like the uniflow (with baffle and micrometer) for ball powders. The el-cheapo lee perfect for stick powders. Load up the block and charge 50 cases at a whack - case to case until they are all done before you set it down. It’s a real timesaver.

Ever shoot 10-20 shot groups at your max hunting range and check thrown vs weighed charges? I bet a lot of folks would be surprised.

TacT-MecH

FNG
I have 2 Frankford Arsenal Intellidroppers and 1 RCBS Charge master lite (not Bluetooth to my knowledge). I can take the charges from any of the 3 and they all weigh the same on each scale. I have also checked them on my Dillon beam scale and all 3 charges checked out.
One thing I've noticed is the RCBS will throw the occasional overcharge. But it doesn't happen enough to really be an issue. The FA Intellidroppers app is cumbersome and after using the 3 droppers I found the app a waste of time. Throughout reloading I will occasionally check each of the charges on another scale to make sure all checks out. Of the 2 different powder dispensers, I would choose the FA Intellidropper again. BUT, eventually I will end up with a FX-120i and Auto trickler.

My Chargemaster Lite stopped working a little over 3 years of use.
RCBS won't do anything for my charge master lite (1 year warranty). They gave me the name of a company that repairs them. $155 flat rate plus return shipping. I'm figuring shipping both ways puts me close to $200.
Hard to justify when the charge master link new is $250-300.

Anything else out there worth having? I loaded for close to 20 years throwing charges and trickling up. It works fine I just don’t have a thrower type anymore.
My plastic spoon scooping onto my beam scale and pushing kernels off the spoon with my finger method is getting old quick.

I have rcbs charge master and Auto trickler v4.No complaints with either really. I’ve had the rcbs for many years and couldn’t even begin to count the number of charges it has thrown.

JD Jones

WKR
Another RCBS chargemaster lite user. It does what I need but I’m lying if I said I wouldn’t take a v4 or some other high end scale / dropper combo…. But for now I’m going fine

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
Iv been using the RCBS chargmaster for a few years now and can’t say Iv had any issues. I purchased a aftermarket attachment for the dispenser tube for more consistent powder flow. When I load for ladder test I charge out the load, and throw it on my manual scale just to double check.

Is the new RCBS Chargemaster Link too complicated for simple use? Can you just plug it in, wait for it to warm up, then start dispensing powder? Or do you have to program this and that and jump through hoops to get it to work? Some things are too complicated. I have the RCBS Chargemaster Lite, and have used it without issue for several years, backup is an Ohaus 1010 beam scale to confirm the Chargemaster.