Post Covid Brain Fog

Laramie

WKR
4 confirmed times for me. Only one was really bad. No lasting effects that I am aware of other than like some others, my sense of smell is even better then before.

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
COVID and the more than 1.1 million Americans who died from it (and the real number is much higher), is/was real. Denial does not change fact. I deal with disease reporting in public health every day.

I had COVID in May of 2022 and three miserable days of headaches and alternating hot/cold. Brain fog, to some extent, I think lingers today. I have had all vaccines and boosters and I am certain it would have been worse had I not had those. Nothing is 100% sure but with my other health issues and age, 54, it could have been a lot worse for me without the shots My fibromyalgia is worsened in the last year but it has also worsened in the last three years so it is hard to quantify what impact COVID had on my body. I attribute some brain fog to it but a dull, metallic taste lingers now and then and a dry cough seems to come and go for weeks at a time.

I also haven't slept well in years and started on a CPAP seven weeks ago which is beginning to show signs of improvement and hopefully improves more body health.
I hope you are still wearing your mask!

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is permanently injured from the vax.
Side note: we both have had covid 3-4 times. Only the 1at time put me down. All others were very minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
The reported numbers of deaths included those who had covid, but died From something else, heart attack, cancer, brain aneurysm, to name a few. Dr. Fauci admitted it.
Honestly guys, I’m just looking for some help and info from people who are/were dealing with what I have. Let’s not turn this into a political shit show.

7mm-08

WKR
Honestly guys, I’m just looking for some help and info from people who are/were dealing with what I have. Let’s not turn this into a political shit show.
I would think that with the maturity of this "long COVID" phenomenon, there has to be a good deal of open source information on the Internet regarding it. I'm sure there are a bunch of support groups with potential references, which could steer you to researchers who have likely written gobs of papers on this very subject. Sorry you're dealing with this stuff. Good luck with your recovery.

Both times I had it that was the worst symptom. My job requires lots of math and I’m generally above average when it comes to quickly calculating percentages in my head.

During covid I just felt kinda stupid and would need to use Excel (which is always up anyway) as a calculator. for a few months after, even if I knew the answer, I wasn’t confident in what I thought I knew so I was forced to still use a calculator to confirm.

6-8 weeks I was fine

mkbubolz

FNG
Wife and I finally got Covid 6 weeks ago. Had crazy head pressure at the acute phase that has improved but stabilized as really bad brain fog for 5 weeks. Wife's seems to be more dizziness than brain fog. I had dizziness the first couple weeks but that went away. Anyone else get this, did it eventually go away? Have to use my brain for work and this is becoming concerning.
Same thing happened to me. Lasted a week or so.

I truly believe Covid increased my sense of smell too. I had it three times. My sense of smell was always plaqued by bad sinus congestion. But now I can smell things I’ve never smelled acutely.
Weird that you guys say that about smell. I had it June of '22 and Dec of '22 and I've also felt my sense of smell went through the roof. I told my wife that I can smell like a pregnant bloodhound now. Crazy.

def90

WKR
I know two people that claim to have ”long covid”. They are both people that are bed ridden every time they get a sniffle and are also people that always seem to have something going on with them every time you run in to them.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
I would think that with the maturity of this "long COVID" phenomenon, there has to be a good deal of open source information on the Internet regarding it. I'm sure there are a bunch of support groups with potential references, which could steer you to researchers who have likely written gobs of papers on this very subject. Sorry you're dealing with this stuff. Good luck with your recovery.
Appreciate it, yea it seems to be all over the place on solutions and studies. I believe the people on here a bit more than the people on reddit so figured I’d ask here.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a pet peeve of mine when I see posts like this with no follow up if the person improved so I’ll keep updates here in case someone else later runs across this that is having the same problem.

Currently at 5 weeks post Covid. Brain fog seems to be pretty much all day except the first hour of the day. Cardio seems to reduce it temporarily but sometimes get tired waves that keeps me from doing cardio. Also get weird “internal vibrations” when waking up. Wife is pretty much the same except she complains of dizziness more and mine is very heavy in my head.

We both started a 48hr fast today as the least intrusive option. I’ll update with any improvements.

moxford

Lil-Rokslider
Had it twice - first wasn't bad, second time was worse and had the fog for over a year, along with shortness of breath. It is FINALLY starting to go away. Ran all kinds of tests, xrays, CT scans - all came back clean. Got accepted to one of Stanford's trials, but backed out since I lack trust in them now.

Still get short winded randomly. ER doc said I was a classic case of it. And my brain stalls out sometimes, randomly. Words just don't show up correctly, and I have to stop for 2-3 seconds and then am okay for a bit. It feels very odd. It is very very very very slowly getting better, but it was really bad for a while.