Portable chair while bow hunting?

Looking for a lightweight saddle/stool/chair that I can pack around with me while bowhunting. I do a lot of waiting at ambush points, but also move long distances to get to those points. I'd figure there's got to be some kind of lightweight saddle-like-thingy that one can straddle in a comfortable near-kneeling position so your legs don't go numb, but you're in still in a decent position to shoot without your knees being in the way. Something sticking up for just a bit of lower back support would be awesome. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

ozyclint

WKR
Helinox swivel chair.
good height, packs small, light enough, pivots to allow you to get into shooting position with minimal movement and comfortable enough for long sits.

I just camo taped the poles and a squirt of silicone spray keeps the pivot silent.

Doubles as a compact camp chair.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I've got one of the little tripod stools but can only sit on it for about an hour. I moved to the Millenium tree seat and it's a game changer. Little weight penalty but not much and carries on my pack.

Dennis

WKR
Currently my go to is a Waldrop PacSeat. A little expensive, but comfortable and keeps me from moving around too much. Very well built. It is like a pack frame that can sit free standing or lean it against a tree. I mounted a Kuiu bag to mine. Another good option is the home made stool designed by Dr. Ken Nordberg in his book and on video. Both of these are easy to shoot bows from.

Last edited:

Macintosh

WKR
Have tried a bunch of chairs and sit pads. I got one of those hillsound 3 legged stools. It weighs less than a pound (11oz I think?) and packs into about a 3”x12” tube that I can stuff or strap just about anywhere. Its just enough for bow hunting to get me far enough off the ground, but light enough to carry 4 or 5 miles. Id rather have a crazy-creek type chair for rifle hunting, but for bow hunting from the ground where you are covering some area its by far the best Ive found.