Portable bow press opinions?

ZDR

WKR
for split limb bow. Looking at the Synunm or Bow Master. Bowmaster cheaper but the Synunm looks a bit more straightforward to use. Appreciate any reviews/opinions on these.

thanks

Rob5589

WKR
I have a BM. It works but it is kind of a pain to set up. Having a bow vise definitely helps. I would get the Synumn if I were to do it again.

2blade

WKR
I use a Synumn on my Xpeditions with no problems. I bet I could disassemble and reassemble the bow if I had to.

Rob5589

WKR
^^^^^ Great point, you should be able to fully disassemble a bow with the Synumn. I tried with the BM and it was a no go.

87TT

WKR
Doesn't look like it would work on past parallel limbs like on my Pro Defiant. If it is for occasional "emergency" work in the field, I guess it would be fine but I have done the same thing with a couple of cheap harbor freight ratchet straps and some para cord loops. Which is way easier than a Bow Master like the one I have laying on a shelf somewhere. I did build a bow press to tune and work on my bow that sits on a bench and can be taken somewhere but weighs about 20-30 lbs.

87TT

WKR
^^^^^ Great point, you should be able to fully disassemble a bow with the Synumn. I tried with the BM and it was a no go.
Just curious as to why not? Can't you just remove the press after the strings and cables are off, then disassemble it?

Rob5589

WKR
Just curious as to why not? Can't you just remove the press after the strings and cables are off, then disassemble it?
If I set the cables in the correct position to press the bow, there wasn't enough length in the jack screw to take out all the preload on the limbs.

87TT

WKR
Thought that might be it. I only used the Bowmaster one time to change a string. Just PITA.

Stuie88

FNG
What bow were you working on? Just curious, I used a bowmaster with split limb adaptors to swap limbs on a vector turbo, not the quickest way to do it but worked ok

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
What bow were you working on? Just curious, I used a bowmaster with split limb adaptors to swap limbs on a vector turbo, not the quickest way to do it but worked ok

PSE Stinger.

Stuie88

FNG
I would have thought it would work, I've assembled an older Hoyt with the bowmaster as well which is a shorter more upright bow.
I had to start with the thread in the right place to do it though, I had to wind it up about two thirds before I started tensioning the limbs so there was enough thread to back out all the way

Loughgear

FNG
Will the synunm work with a prime ct3? The bow master with the parrellel limb hooks does not unfortunately

OP
ZDR

ZDR

WKR
I'm not sure, but you could call Lancaster Archery. They are quite helpful.

Will the synunm work with a prime ct3? The bow master with the parrellel limb hooks does not unfortunately

No, I have one and it isn’t wide enough for my CT3. That being said I have a bow master and a synunm I would sell for a good price LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drose

FNG
Synunm. Back when I called Landcaster, they pointed me toward Synunm. Love it so far and easy to press my bow to do the work I need to