Poly ACIS mags in Tikka Bravo

I just got a KRG Bravo for a tikka in 6.5 plan on doing more NRL hunter/prs type comps so I got the 10rd steel mag and it feeds great. I’d like to get a second 5rd mag for hunting and as a backup and I’d like poly to save some weight and not rattle. Has anyone modified the MDT poly or magpul mags to work with Bravo/tikka? I’m not scared to sand and grind on one but wanted to know if it was worth the time and if it was better to start with the MDT or the Magpul.

Eye candy below, it will be wearing my Nomad Ti and a full length ARCA rail when it shows up.
80e0742c29500a94732502c5223f7c7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PantherCity
Also curious about same arrangement with an XLR element for Tikka. I just ordered one for my wife/kid gun and a telescoping stock for LOP adjustments and would much prefer a 5rd Poly mag.

FLS

WKR
I could not get the MDT to work with my . 223 CTR in an XLR chassis. My buddy has the Bravo and they didn’t work in it either. Not sure about the 308 mags.

ID_Matt

WKR
I could not get the MDT to work with my . 223 CTR in an XLR chassis. My buddy has the Bravo and they didn’t work in it either. Not sure about the 308 mags.
Which mdt mags? And what didn't work? I just ordered the 223 mdt poly mags for a KRG x-ray. Assumed they would work just fine.

ljalberta

WKR
I have a Tikka .223 in the Bravo stock. 10 rd poly .223 MDT mags work fine without any modification. Although they’re not my favourite mag.

FLS

WKR
MDT
Which mdt mags? And what didn't work? I just ordered the 223 mdt poly mags for a KRG x-ray. Assumed they would work just fine.
The MDT poly mag lips were too tall and too thick for my CTR. Once I had sanded them enough to work they barely retained the rounds. I dropped one and half the rounds popped out. I use Accurate mags and MDT metal mags with no issues.

OP
PantherCity
Any more info on the poly mags for standard short action (6.5cm/308) tikkas in KRG bravo or XLR chassis?

TX_Diver

WKR
Are you using these in an AICS or CTR Bravo?

I have a CTR bravo and would be interested in alternate mags that'd work...

I sanded a magpull. Not worth it in my opinion. Have to remove alot of material and the end product seams.. unreliable?

I use AI mags, stupid expensive, but they work.

SouthPaw

WKR
Didn't see confirmation here yet....

Anybody successfully using the MDT .308/6.5CM poly AICS mag in the AICS Bravo for Tikka?

Macintosh

WKR
I modified the MDT three round mags and my factory CTR bottom metal so they would work together. Used it on a hunt this past fall with no issues. There’s a thread detailing it in the DIY forum. But that’s in the factory bottom metal with factory stock, not a chassis, not sure how they would be different.

Anybody successfully using the MDT .308/6.5CM poly AICS mag in the AICS Bravo for Tikka?
yea I have one of the 10 rd polys and I havent shot it yet but i cycled through a full mag without any issues i don;t know if firing it makes a difference pressure wise. I bought a krg metal too as I wanted a 5 rd

yea I have one of the 10 rd polys and I havent shot it yet but i cycled through a full mag without any issues i don;t know if firing it makes a difference pressure wise. I bought a krg metal too as I wanted a 5 rd
so I got to get some range time and go hunting for a couple days with these 2 mags for the first time with the bravo. the 10 round poly mag actually cycles better for me. Not sure why but the 5 round metal mdt mag doesn't cycle as well. I think i ordered the one without the restrictor plate? I think that was the correct one so not sure what's going on. I prefer a 5 rd for hunting so maybe I will get a hybrid or just need to spend some more time with it to see what was going on. I was truing up my dope before my hunt and only had limited time with my friend spotting for me so once the 5rd snagged a coupe times i just went to the 10 rd and it was trouble free. didn;t really have time to trouble shoot

I only recently got the stock and mag, and have only put about 30 rds through it at the range; but yes, I'm using the MDT 5rd .308 poly AICS mag with my T3x in a KRG Bravo chassis, haven't had any feeding issue whatsoever.

I only recently got the stock and mag, and have only put about 30 rds through it at the range; but yes, I'm using the MDT 5rd .308 poly AICS mag with my T3x in a KRG Bravo chassis, haven't had any feeding issue whatsoever.
ya just realized theres a 5 round poly mag on mdts website i'll be ordering one of those to compliment my 10rd

ya just realized theres a 5 round poly mag on mdts website i'll be ordering one of those to compliment my 10rd

That metal one might just need some tuning on the feed lips to run smooth. My experience with the metal AI and Accurate mags is they may need some attention to tweaking the feed lips and smoothing out the edges that contact the brass but they run slick after.

One thing about the plastic ones that is nice though is you don't have to worry about the feed lips getting bent or dinged up from carrying around outside the rifle.

OP
PantherCity
Sounds like both the magpul and MDT poly mags are GTG on 6.5cm and 308 length Tikkas in KRG bravos. Any experience with same in XLR element chassis?