Polaris atv mechanics on here??

Is there power at the spark plug wire? Have you checked the plug itself for continuity & resistance?

Mountneer

FNG
If you truly have spark, service manual mostly points to fuel issues in troubleshooting ignition. My twin cylinder is hard to get at both plugs, but wonder if you can get it to fire with starting fluid sprayed into one cylinder?

OP
Jstumbaugh
If you truly have spark, service manual mostly points to fuel issues in troubleshooting ignition. My twin cylinder is hard to get at both plugs, but wonder if you can get it to fire with starting fluid sprayed into one cylinder?
Definitely no spark. Stator will land mid next week and I’ll swap that out.

OP
Jstumbaugh
Update....new stator in last night and still no spark. I've replaced the stator, cdi, rectifier and coil. I'm tracing grounds next. This thing isn't going to beat me.

OP
Jstumbaugh
Kill switch cuts power to everything. Tried disconnecting a "black wire" in the harness thats supposed to go to the kill switch and still no spark. Just read that there is a set of contacts in the throttle housing that might be touching causing no spark. I'll check that later today.

OP
Jstumbaugh
No luck on the “electronic throttle control” being in contact. Back to tracing grounds. I need to find a flow chart on sequence of ignition and meter readings to look for as well. Might be able to follow that and find an answer.

OP
Jstumbaugh
I haven’t. I had put it on the back burner. We had some camping trips planned out and got busy. I’ll get back to it and keep at it.