Poaching or just thrill killing?

11boo

WKR
Either way, I hope these skunks get caught. Help CPW and get some points too.

https://kiowacountypress.net/conten...e-investigating-rash-suspected-poaching-cases

Colorado Parks and Wildlife is investigating eight suspected poaching cases within Game Management Unit 70 in San Miguel County.

Three cases of suspected poaching of a mule deer buck occurred within Dry Creek Basin. Two bull elk were discovered at the Dan Noble State Wildlife Area south of Norwood, and another bull elk and two cow elk were also shot and left to waste in the Callan Draw area southwest of Norwood.
October 30 to November 15 is when this happened.

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
I hope they are caught and do actual prison time. It's just disgusting.

The wildlife officers have a large task at hand to figure out who did this. I've done cases like this and the amount of information you have to go through is just mind boggling. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a task force/small team dedicated to this. I imagine they really only know of a portion of crimes. Probably juat the tip of the ice berg.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Damn near every year, I or a buddy find poached illegal animals. there seems to be less and less animals every year; and some people wonder why. This stuff just pisses me off.

4rcgoat

WKR
Just found a whitetail buck that was shot last week in an area I archery hunt,shot looked low and back,the antlers had been hacked off and the rest of the deer left to rot. I'm going to pay close attention to this area next year. I can honestly say that if I see something like this happening at the time,I will not hesitate to push the S.O.B.'s teeth through the back of his head,the consequences would be worth it.

I report these things every time. A buddy of mine was out this past weekend and came across an illegal buck that appeared to be poached at the endvof the season. F&W needs to know about these incidents, so they know where to put resources.

I also spend a lot of time picking up and packing other peoples trash.; generally beer bottles and beer cans.

elkdozer

FNG
Either way, I hope these skunks get caught. Help CPW and get some points too.

https://kiowacountypress.net/conten...e-investigating-rash-suspected-poaching-cases

Colorado Parks and Wildlife is investigating eight suspected poaching cases within Game Management Unit 70 in San Miguel County.

Three cases of suspected poaching of a mule deer buck occurred within Dry Creek Basin. Two bull elk were discovered at the Dan Noble State Wildlife Area south of Norwood, and another bull elk and two cow elk were also shot and left to waste in the Callan Draw area southwest of Norwood.
October 30 to November 15 is when this happened.
Quite honestly if you had seen the Chit Show that was going on in Dry Creek Basin you would have seen why this happened.
There were a couple of herds with over a hundred Elk in them and a few smaller. People were surrounding them and just shooting into the herds, it was absolutely insane. Fortunately I didn’t hear of any people getting Shot! I watched this crazy scenario play out from a mountain top quite a ways away for several days, kinda looked like a war zone. 🤣

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Quite honestly if you had seen the Chit Show that was going on in Dry Creek Basin you would have seen why this happened.
There were a couple of herds with over a hundred Elk in them and a few smaller. People were surrounding them and just shooting into the herds, it was absolutely insane. Fortunately I didn’t hear of any people getting Shot! I watched this crazy scenario play out from a mountain top quite a ways away for several days, kinda looked like a war zone. 🤣
So you watched it for, as you say several days. did it maybe cross your mind to call fish and game and report what you were watching, or did you just sit there and enjoy it as the smiley face indicates.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They used the words "instantly fatal" an awful lot in that article. I've shot a LOT of big game animals in my lifetime, and not one of those was "instantly fatal". Seems to me that you'd have to hit them right in the brain to be instantly fatal. Even elk with a heart or lungs that blew apart inside will run a ways, sometimes quite a ways.

They used the words "instantly fatal" an awful lot in that article. I've shot a LOT of big game animals in my lifetime, and not one of those was "instantly fatal". Seems to me that you'd have to hit them right in the brain to be instantly fatal. Even elk with a heart or lungs that blew apart inside will run a ways, sometimes quite a ways.
Sometimes they drop stone dead on heart/lung shots, every time is different.

Jethro6x6

FNG
I report these things every time. A buddy of mine was out this past weekend and came across an illegal buck that appeared to be poached at the endvof the season. F&W needs to know about these incidents, so they know where to put resources.

I also spend a lot of time picking up and packing other peoples trash.; generally beer bottles and beer cans.
its always amazes me the places I see beer cans/bottles,,, elk hunting,, even @ elevation,,, like they don,t really care ,,smh,,,,

Hopefully they catch them and cut their hands off. See how well they shoot looking like captain hook for the rest of their days....

Looking at the one bull, it looks like it was almost shot in the eye, probably some dipshit with an AR, "dude hold my beer"... I'm sure they translated DRT into laymans terms.