Pizza Crumb Hunters? Non serious, sarcastic post warning

Every time I go on a backpack hunt I have a ritual. Pre order Mt Mikes Everest size pizza, go get 2 super burritos, stop at gas station, fill up on diesel and buy a bag of Bugler hand roll tobacco.
It’s a 4 hour after work drive so I eat pizza all the way there. Sleep at the trailhead after dinking about 6 beers. Eat pizza for breakfast, shit, drink a gallon of water before hiking in. Pack in whatever pizza is leftover. Burritos stay in the cooler. Shoot a buck early in the trip and you’ll be packing out meat to the truck, eat a burrito and head back in. Second burrito is for the drive home. I don’t even smoke or like other people who smoke. but when I’m free as a bird living in the wilderness it sure is nice to get back to camp at the end of the day and roll one up.

Pdzoller

WKR
I love it. I definitely buy a pizza the night before every long hunting trip. The dog an I eat that nasty thing and I chew on tums for two days. After every long trip we always stop at fast food and the dog gets a 20pc nugget.

Also spend too much on gear though.

87TT

WKR
All this talk about food reminded me of three day trip a buddy of mine and I made years ago. we were going fast and hard and kept it simple. we slept on the ground behind the rig. (no tent) His wife who was Mexican made up a BIG batch of homemade burritos. Chunks of slow cooked beef in chilis with homemade refried beans. That's pretty much all we took for food. We had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner for three days. we ate the warmed up at camp and cold on the mountain. The last day we thought we would try something different. We fried them up in butter and washed them down with apple cider. Well.......................lets just say I wouldn't recommend it. I was a lot younger then and it would probably kill me now.

I guess I’m a hybrid. Some good stuff and some not so good stuff. I don’t brush pizza crumbs off my shirt though. I pick them out of my beard. 🤣

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
Not only that but my brother shot a 5x6 public land Washington white tail last year while vaping and listening to a podcast in his ground blind… I saw one buck that season.

IDVortex

WKR
True story, on my way to help pack out a moose I grabbed three pizzas from the Kum&Go. Thought everyone would be happy but all they said was “no beer?”
I mean, if you bring pizza. Can I get your number so if I need help packing out I can give you a call?

Kia Sorento

Sure but you have to send me gas money first 😀
And did you strap the pizzas to some Thule square load bars or other exterior rack or did you go with interior storage in the Kia? The reason I ask is because gas station pizza often emits an offensive odor so some folks don't opt for the latter. But you know what they say, any pizza is good pizza, regardless of the smell.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
And did you strap the pizzas to some Thule square load bars or other exterior rack or did you go with interior storage in the Kia? The reason I ask is because gas station pizza often emits an offensive odor so some folks don't opt for the latter. But you know what they say, any pizza is good pizza, regardless of the smell.
We have two kids, that car wasn’t exactly new😀. The pizza was inside.