Pin spacing

Just had my bow restrung and tuned. Took it out this morning to get some reps through it. I shot plenty of arrows to break the string in, but definitely had some weird stuff with my sight going on. I have a 3 pin slider that previously has been set at 20,30,40 with the 40 being the floater. I've decided to switch it up this year to go with 30,40,50 with the 50 being the floater. Ultimately after I got it sighted in, the gap between my 30 and 40 yard pins is bigger than the gap between my 40 and 50 yard pins.

What do you think the reason for that is? New string not broken in yet? bad form? something wrong with the tune? Any input on what to do next is helpful.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
So you sighted it in the same way as before just moved your pins to 30-40-50 and 30 is your home position? Did you redo your sight tape or did you just move your pins? Most times when I put new strings on and everything is the same poundage draw length etc. I have to adjust my pointer cause most time your nock point peep height is off even just a tiny bit and will shift your point of impact but your gaps should be the same if it’s the same speed as before the new strings. Just did 2 of my bows one bow my left and right was off by way more then it should have been the other one was dead nuts like before the new strings just had to adjust my pointer at the home position a couple yards but everything else was the same pin gaps speed etc.. on my V3X 29 with a spot hogg fast eddy xl my pin gap from 30-40 is the same as my 40-50 on my V3 31 with a cbe trek pro 2V the gap from 40-50 is just a tiny bit farther then 30-40. The V3X is set up with 550 grains and the V3 is set up with 428 grain arrows. My VXR is the same as my V3X 550 grain arrows but with a cbe engage hybrid 30-40 same as 40-50…maybe the more heavy arrow keeps its speed better or it drops off less?? Not sure that helps you any just something I noticed looking after reading your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Probably due to very small anchor differences lining up your pins at full draw, with it in the fixed position it shouldn’t do that but it is pretty common.

How did you set your peep height?

I like to set my peep at a mid range, say 30-35 yds, sight in without a peep, then install a peep and adjust the peep till your dead on without moving the sight.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I for sure can see the anchor being part of it. Lot of folks bash bowmar but that nose button has saved me a couple times shooting from a tree when your all jacked up cause the dang deer came in the wrong way on your weak side. I don’t set my sight up with it at the mid point of my max distance and I don’t change my anchor at all as I slide my sight down. At 120 yards I can’t even see my sight in my peep but I shoot with both eyes open and can see my pins so as long as my anchor is right I have no issues hitting at 120 plus. You don’t even need a sight with that nose button from 20-50 yards for me.. when I do strings the one thing that never changes is my nose buttons is 3.456 inches from the center of my nocking point to my nose button and my peep is 6 5/8ths from center of nocking point using a micrometer. Now my nocking point it self might be off a very small amount after a string change but the rest is always on those numbers once I set my nocking point.