Pics of animals you weren't hunting

Opening day of squirrel season. She was about 5 minutes behind her would be breakfast that came from the field to the woods. I was already in the glass when she hit the woods.One 22 Eley subsonic was all it took at 25y. The shot made a squirrel alert, and it was in my window of opportunity also. Good way to kick off the season. IMG_1492.jpeg

Reactions: Guy

Guy

Lil-Rokslider
Dog and I walked this morning, we often go to a floating pier on the Columbia River. Today a juvenile osprey that's only been flying for a couple of weeks, was hanging out on the handrail, checking the river below for fish! It was only about 30 yards from the nest and this osprey has little fear of humans. I think my bird dog made it a little nervous, but it stayed right there and let me take quite a few photos:

Regards, Guy

Last edited:
Dog and I walked this morning, we often go to a floating pier on the Columbia River. Today a juvenile osprey that's only been flying for a couple of weeks, was hanging out on the handrail, checking the river below for fish! It was only about 30 yards from the nest and this osprey has little fear of humans. I think my bird dog made it a little nervous, but it stayed right there and let me take quite a few photos:

Regards, Guy
Thats funny. This juvenile osprey yesterday made a grebe pretty nervous, but he was looking for fish.
IMG_0202_cropped7_5.jpegIMG_0210.jpeg

Guy

Lil-Rokslider
P8271053crop-1.JPG
This one was successful! I've noticed that often they'll eat the fish head first, then take the fish back to the nest to share, or devour it themselves elsewhere. Very active along the river with all the young osprey flying now.

twall13

WKR
83e3b80b1276aae6bb216137bb2fc93f.jpg
d953bfacff25b0d4fd2982fe55a92894.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk