Pick my Scope ....

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold VX-3i (or even a VX-2) and put the rest of the $$$$ towards good bino's or a spotter that you'll spend the other 99% of your time looking through...

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
VX-3i and put the rest of the $$$$ towards good bino's that you'll spend the other 99% of your time looking through...

Thanks! Running EL’s in 12x and 8x and SLCs in 10 ..I am set there.
Honestly I can’t see myself hunting with this anyway. I have rifle hunted about 1 hour in the last 15 or so years. Mostly picked this up cause I was bored and wanted something to do the next few weeks.

your point on the Vxi 3 is well taken though. I have a VX lll in 2.5x8 36 mm that is on a 7x57 model 70 ultra light...the Scope hasn’t budged in years and glass is still pretty good all things considering it like 20 years old.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
IDK honestly. I had it mounted on a SA rifle and I still used a rail.

I am mounting a SHV 3-10 on a Dakota Arms M97 which is a Remington style profile. It came with Talley bases, but due to the shortness of the tube, I am having to reverse the rear base. Not what I really want to do, but it will work.

dotman

WKR
I am mounting a SHV 3-10 on a Dakota Arms M97 which is a Remington style profile. It came with Talley bases, but due to the shortness of the tube, I am having to reverse the rear base. Not what I really want to do, but it will work.

Yeah that’s pretty common with this scope, I really like mine, so it’s worth it.

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the same boat. I am getting a NULA in .308 for an upcoming trip to the Brooks Range. I have a spare light weight Leupold that I might use, but this Nightforce looks interesting! I’m a lefty and had a bad experience with a Stiller action ejecting brass into the parallax knob, then back into the action, jamming the works. Anyway, would the Nightforce overpower, sizewise, the NULA?
Don

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Just another shout out to Doug. i ordered the lecia on saturday and even with the holiday i had it tuesday.

My first impressions. The scope is slightly larger then i envisioned. The fit and finish is excellent. all the dials are postive and firm with no sloppness at all. As for the view and quailty of the glass....Its better then i expected for a scope of this price. clear, sharp amd warm. I used it a last light and it seemed to gather light very well. Image quaility is way better than i expected.

so far thats all i have. hoping the mount shows up so i can give it a go.

xugz0212

FNG
sure will. doug asked me to get back him after i shoot it a bit as well and let him know what i thought.

I just ordred a limb saver pad and a DNZ mount for it. I went with the medium height thinking low might be close with the 50mm objective.

It was getting good reviewes when it first came out ...thinking at 60% msrp maybe i got a deal.

Hey, congratulations on your new scope. I'm in the similar situation like you looking for a scope for my browning x-bolt 308win. I'm going to put a athlon ares 2.5-15*50 on that and will use DNZ game repeater mount as well. But I'm really not sure which height of the dnz mount im suppose to go with. I'm kinda superised that the medium mount works for your 50mm leica. DNZ says the medium height for tikka mount is 1.06'' (Tikka Scope Mounts | DNZ Products) while leica ER5 2-10 objective bell diameter is 2.4''(ER 5 Range // Leica ER 5 // Riflescopes // Hunting // Sport Optics - Leica Camera AG). I also assume you take the factory tikka rail off to install the one piece mount, right? So 2.4/2=1.2 > 1.06.

Would you mind share some photo of your settup so i can have an idea of the mount? Thanks a lot!

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Hey, congratulations on your new scope. I'm in the similar situation like you looking for a scope for my browning x-bolt 308win. I'm going to put a athlon ares 2.5-15*50 on that and will use DNZ game repeater mount as well. But I'm really not sure which height of the dnz mount im suppose to go with. I'm kinda superised that the medium mount works for your 50mm leica. DNZ says the medium height for tikka mount is 1.06'' (Tikka Scope Mounts | DNZ Products) while leica ER5 2-10 objective bell diameter is 2.4''(ER 5 Range // Leica ER 5 // Riflescopes // Hunting // Sport Optics - Leica Camera AG). I also assume you take the factory tikka rail off to install the one piece mount, right? So 2.4/2=1.2 > 1.06.

Would you mind share some photo of your settup so i can have an idea of the mount? Thanks a lot!

Hey I am no help with all that measuring. Ask me about bows and then I might know something.

I picked the mount height via a goggle search...seemed some guys on forums were using a medium on the tx3 with 50mm scopes. So I just ordered a medium. The mount came today and the scope is all mounted ...didn’t take but 15 minutes, a level and some YouTube videos on my iPad. From the looks of it I think I did right with the medium DNZ mount as it’s fairly close to the barrel.
To as taking the rail off...there isn’t any. There is a dovetail built into the receiver however the best I can tell the DNZ mount for the tikka doesn’t use it. I took out the set screws in the receiver lined the one piece mount up with it and installed the four screws. Easy as could be.

Pictures to follow

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
here she is
da6e70558c8baccbe64160d0c85f971c.jpg
dccae9d6103eaecdbe7803622644bc58.jpg
4eadf3633e3e69cbc600a02755d22f4e.jpg

Grumman

WKR
That looks good I was hoping you would post pics. I haven’t seen a ton of info on these ER5 models yet. What do you think of the eye relief? I might try one but the rifle I am putting it on is a thumper so good eye relief is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
That looks good I was hoping you would post pics. I haven’t seen a ton of info on these ER5 models yet. What do you think of the eye relief? I might try one but the rifle I am putting it on is a thumper so good eye relief is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seems pretty generous, i have it on the compact stock still ..i havent added the one inch spacer yet and it seems like it will work fine as is.

daddie63

WKR
Scope looks great. Any chance you could snap a pic of the reticle if you get a chance? Thanks a lot

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
i just went to install a limbsaver pad and will not fit with out adding the spacer bringing the stock to standard length.
scope seems to have a plenty of eye relief with the standard length stock.
cd299cab9cc12e6c3058e056fa72e123.jpg