Pic Rail on VG2 fore end suggestions?

Marshfly

WKR
I have a VG2 on a Howa Mini barreled action. I would like to put a pic rail in the place of the fore end sling swivel to use pic mounted bipod. The adapter type rails I have tried won't work well due to the extreme curve the VG2 fore end has.

Has anyone mounted a pic rail there in a manner that is clean and works well? Suggestions?

TxLite

WKR
When I bought mine I added a comment in the notes section to add a second sling stud @3” spacing. When it came in I just removed the sling studs and added a rail with 3” spacing

You could diy that pretty easily

This is the rail I used

Dunky

WKR
This is a short srs spartan pic rail on a tikka VG stock. Not sure if the stock for the Howa mini is same but it fits well on the tikka model

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 14

waspocrew

WKR

Post # 130

I have an atlas rail on mine. Fit is *almost* perfect - the stock is still a little too rounded, but the rail mounts up solid.

TxLite

WKR
You could diy that pretty easily

This is the rail I used
Went to take pics of how it turned out and was reminded that the spacing Stockys provided was slightly off and the linked rail wouldn’t work. I ended up having to get an area 419 rail that had more leeway in spacing.

It fits up pretty nice though.

Attachments

• IMG_9270.jpeg
    IMG_9270.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
Ended up doing something similar to Waspocrew. Added little strips of felt tape to the edges of the Pic rail to take up the gap. Found some flat head Allen screws so it looked factory.