Photography- one photo a day

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It always amazes me how different high elevation places in the lower 48 look compared to that same elevation in Alaska during the same season. This picture was taken in early June of last year at around 12,000’ elevation.
4e7766ce9fbb5c30b94b143ef368fa89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late June at 10,000 feet looking north in the CA Sierras during a drought year.

IMG_8050.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Assuming that's Lake Tahoe and Cascade Lake? Was just there and amazed at the topography environment of the area. Drove from Tahoe to Sacramento and the drive out of Tahoe was spectacular.
The was the top of Tallac yes, looking north at Lake Tahoe with Cascade lake shown.

10/10 would recommend this hike starting from the Glen Alpine trailhead. First time I climbed it was in 1993. It’s a lot more crowded these days but backpacking in desolation wilderness and seeing all the alpine lakes and climbing peaks is one of the best backpacking trips you can take.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
My Small Munsterlander Baron wiped out after a long grouse hunt in upstate NY.
I really enjoy the scene that your picture presents. It tells the story of a great day together for you both. I have pictures like that of my chocolate lab,Thunder, in Alaska, after a long very cold day of duck hunting. Thanks for sharing it.