Photo processing question

DuckDogDr

WKR
Actually managed some good photos this week while diving .
I was shooting in RAW format.

So once I go through crop etc , what format should I save in and how do you add copyright / signature to photo?

Sunkmanitou

Lil-Rokslider
Actually managed some good photos this week while diving .
I was shooting in RAW format.

So once I go through crop etc , what format should I save in and how do you add copyright / signature to photo?
I would recommend always keeping it in raw format until you want to print or publish online. At that time convert to JPG and save a copy, keeping the original RAW. For adding watermark there are extensions (plugins) available in Photoshop. There probably are stand alone programs- just do a search online.

jpalmer

FNG
I can't say if it's the best but this free Faststone Software has worked for my needs. It's an easy to use interface that allows batch editing for resizing, renaming, adding watermarks, etc. You can also usually add a watermark directly in RAW editing software. In Lightroom, you do it in the export properties window.

Wrench

WKR
I use lightroom. My d800 and I think my sony rx100iv also can apply the copyright data.

100% agree on saving the raw and posting in jpeg. Most sights won't even take a full sized raw file.

Hey, it sure if you’ve found a good solution yet or not. I think it depends heavily on how invested you are in photography.

If you are looking to hone your skills as a professional, then learning the Adobe suite will pay major dividends. Lightroom is easy to pick up, and is great for making global adjustments to your images (balancing exposure, color correcting/grading), and photoshop is a great tool for creative manipulation of your photos, but is probably overkill for your needs.

There are a tremendous amount of resources on YouTube for learning Lightroom, but if you have any specific questions or want to recreate an edit style you like, don’t hesitate to reach out! I was a professional photographer for years specializing in landscape photography before switching careers.