Petzel e lite as main lamp?

amp713

WKR
So I picked up the e lite as a back up and I seriously want to run the nylon strapped one as my main too. Anyone only taking them out? Are they enough light?? The one I got is the wire style one.

In like a bit more light for my main. Petzel makes another full size wire type too though l noticed today. I love the retractable cord!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

My main headlight died the first day of one hunt last season, used the petzl e light all week. It was terrible, but it did work all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually prefer the red light on the eLight to the red proximity light on my black diamond headlamp! The eLight's red light is actually a beam so you can shoot it at your feet in the dark and see where you are going. The proximity light on most headamps I've used are totally worthless for hiking in the dark.

Now for bright white light there is no comparison. The eLight is a backup, not a primary in my opinion. If I'm trying to do any real work in the dark (gutting, skinning, packing, etc.) I want a real headlamp.

petzl e-lite and another brighter zipka petzl are on massdrop now for $25 or amazon for about $30.

I agree the e-lite is a great back up not enough for me as a primary.

Back