Peterson SRP 243 Win brass

Has anyone used this brass? How does it hold up compared to the Large Primer pocket brass? Also, does anyone know when the next run of it will be?

drew23

FNG
I have used some, not enough to really comment but, last I talked to them they were supposed to run some next year I think. I got the last they had on the shelf direct from Peterson. I also bought a bag of 260 Rem SRP to size to 243 Win. It really seems to be quality brass but, I've not shot it enough to speak on the lifespan.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In april Peterson said "Welcome to Rokslide! We unfortunately do not have a run of .243 Win SRP scheduled, it is being temporarily discontinued at this time. We were just able to run standard .243 Win for the first time in 3 years recently!"

drew23

FNG
In april Peterson said "Welcome to Rokslide! We unfortunately do not have a run of .243 Win SRP scheduled, it is being temporarily discontinued at this time. We were just able to run standard .243 Win for the first time in 3 years recently!"

In that case, looks like necking down 260 or lucking up on someone selling may be the only option. I looked for a few months but, never found any in stock.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
I use SRP 260rem in my 7-08 Ackley. Works great, as does all my Peterson Brass. I use it exclusively in all the cartridges it’s available for anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I
I would just like to be able to use CCI 450’s and not dig into a bunch of my LRP’s. Can’t find any large primers. Just a bunch of SRP’s.

SloppyJ

WKR
I've been using their SRP 6 creed brass. I'm on my third firing of my lot of 200. I like it, it's held up well so far. The only word of caution is to start low with loads.

I wasn't even able to get the hodgdon max load on mine and it threw me for a loop starting out. Lots of pulled bullets.

The velocity is there, just at a lower powder charge. In my case it was with H4350.