Permethrin Concentrate?

Kilboars

WKR
I usually buy the Sawyers Permethrin in the concentrate bottles to mix myself and spray on everything I take to the woods. I'm not seeing the concentrate from sawyers available anymore and wondering if the other brands are the same? I see many products under permethrin but not sure their right for cloths and gear.

colonel00

WKR
I'm pretty sure people get it from Tractor Supply or other farm and home type stores. You might look into that if you have one nearby....in Palm Beach...:ROFLMAO::rolleyes::cautious:

Beendare

WKR
I use that concentrate.

its worth mentioning....many folks think that if a little is good....more is better. Human nature?

I can tell you that .5% solution works good for multiple washing...no need to mix it stronger. I've had mosquitos in lowland Alaska falling off my treated sleeve dead. 10 days in areas thick with skeeters and only a couple bites on my neck- this stuff WORKS....and at a very low concentration.

ozyclint

WKR
i buy concentrate at a farm supply store or off the net. here it's registered for use as a treatment for armed forces clothing.

i dip mine in diluted solution as per directions and hang to dry.
i have had ticks and mosquitoes fall of dead as beendare describes.
permethrin has a very low mammalian toxicity except for cats.

after i have dipped my clothes i then spray what's left around the house for spiders and ants.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Thanks.

I used to dip my cloths but wasn't sure I wanted right on my skin, especially on sweaty days.

I just spray the outside of my cloths after every wash.

LostArra

WKR
If you are using correct concentrations I wouldn't worry about treated clothes touching your skin.
Nix is a family of products for treating head lice and the creme rinse for use on kids over 2 months of age is 1%

92python

FNG
I made my own spray with some permethrin concentrate that was actually made so be sprayed on the lawn. Added a bunch of water to get the concentration correct then sprayed in on my clothes, let it dry and it worked well.