Perfekt to Crispi experience

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
So I’ve been rocking the meindl perfect hunters for years. They fit my feet perfect. My only complaint is how fast the sole west’s down and gets slick.
So now that cabelas is now longer carring meindl. And because of all the Crispi love on here, I’m wanting to try a new pair of Crispis.

Anyone gone from perfekts to Crispis? Which model? How did they compare? Sizing same?

Leaning toward the Crispis guide model

Scary stuff trying new boots after a decade in the same ones!

Thank you for any input.

Not a direct answer to your question but two comments:

I bought a pair of Cabelas Perfekt Hikers down in Reno when I was at SCI 2 months ago. They had Hunters on display too. The Hikers were very slightly changed as they were using oiled leather and the sole in the size 13D was a bit more aggressive...but still made in Germany. Otherwise I could not see a bit of change versus the two older pairs of Hikers I have. Fit and instant break-in included. I did not look closely at the Hunters since I have a couple pair in good shape at the house. The shoe area store clerk knew nothing about the Perfekts being discontinued as they were in stock in the store.

I looked on-line just now...Cabelas US show the new oiled leather Perfekts but say they are not available for on-line purchase at cabelas.com (US site) (But maybe available in stores?) When I look at cabelas.ca (Canadian site) I can order the new oiled leather Perfekt Hunter for $280 Canadian ($210 US at the present exchange rate). They had my size in stock...which is a great deal if I needed them. So maybe you'll be able to get them...don't know for sure.

As per the Crispis, they had a booth at our Wild Sheep Society of BC annual convention this past week end. I chatted with a couple of their people, one guy from SLC, UT in particular. He indicated that the Crispi 10" "Hunter" boot was the equivalent to a Meindl Perfekt Hunter. I tried a pair on in my usual size, and they felt very good....like they would work the same for my foot as the Meindls I've worn for 20 some years. Good luck with it!

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the perfekts I would wear around the house and for work, they are comfy but I've never been able to get them laced tight and don't like the sole for hiking. I bought a pair of the Crispi Nevadas last Christmas and they are very comparable to the perfekts but better all around for mountain purposes for me anyway, the boot overall is stiffer and the sole is grippy, and I can get it laced tighter. I wear 10.5 in both and they both feel true to size to me.

bradb

WKR
I loved the fit of my Perfects, bought some Wild Rocks and they have a large amount of heel slip and laces seem to dig into my feet much more. Going a different route