PEAX SOLITUDE 4 TIPI GIVEAWAY

DRNalaska

FNG
The cross trek stabilization looks like an awesome feature. Adds support for holding up to wind and snow, plus hanging gear to dry is a huge benefit.

Ive heard the GRITTY guys go on an on about this tipi and they seem to be savants of the floorless shelter life! When I look at it I see a blend of the best aspects of traditional free standing tents and the pyramidal shelters!

Romo308

FNG
Win the new PEAX SOLITUDE 4 tipi or some of our other top rated gear!

Hey Everyone, Brice w/ PEAX here! As you may have seen in Robby's welcome post, PEAX is now an advertising partner with Rokslide and we are excited to be on the platform. With that being said, we wanted to do a big giveaway and give everyone in the community a chance to win one of our new SOLITUDE 4 tipi's, or some of our other top rated gear pieces.

HOW TO ENTER:

1. Read Josh Boyd's review on the SOLITUDE 4 tipi HERE.
2. Check out the SOLITUDE 4 tipi on our website HERE.
3. Come back to this thread and tell us what your favorite feature of the SOLITUDE 4 is OR ask us any question you may have.

That's it! Everyone that makes a comment in this thread will get entered into the giveaway and 1 person will be randomly selected to WIN the tipi. 5 other individuals will be selected to win prizes like our gaiters, trekking pole, or headlamp.

GOOD LUCK!

Brice

PS - We've also setup an exclusive product discount for the Rokslide community. You can use code "ROKSLIDE" on our website to save 10% on any of our products.
Looks interesting I like the idea of a stove and steep walls wish there was somewhere we could see this in person think having a stove is a great idea even to just dry out gear. Down side is I can’t buy one because there not in stock

Juan_ID

WKR
The trekking pole support is cool, so are the mid-height guy lines. Very generous giveaway, thanks for the opportunity!

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
Very impressive! Would love to try one out! The ability to dry things out is the differentiator! The picture on your website with the two guys, stove, and gear looks comfortable inside, but miserable outside!

Desert Hntr

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the use of trekking poles to provide a steeper wall design. Keeps the pack size down and adds needed room.

The doors are a big improvement over some of the competitors. The cross bracing is also better then tying rope across to hang items to dry or out of the way. The steeper walls is a game changer as well. Thinking my Cimmaron may have to look over it's shoulder!

Man this thing is sweet! I think my favorite feature is being able to add the trekking poles for a cross brace, this is definitely going to be added to the wishlist for me.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of the tipi. Having a simple floor set up would make the wife happy since she always makes fun of my floorless shelters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace1204

Lil-Rokslider
Really loving the design of this tipi. I think the innovative design of the doors is my favorite feature, or the cross pole storage/support system, that’s such an awesome innovation.

Everything about this tipi Seems to be a stronger design for more conditions than most others current setup.

Excited to see how much the Dyneema version saves in weight, when it eventually comes to market. I’d put this version to good use in a heartbeat though.

I’ve been using another companies Dyneema tipi for a couple of years and I think I’ll be making the switch to the peax solitude for this years rifle hunts.

Last edited:

acannavo

FNG
The door configuration certainly seems very functional and with the curve of the panel, looks to still be structurally sound while open, unlike many tents with a straight zipper!

Also, the cross stabilization with the poles is genius and can't believe no one has thought of this before. I've never seen a feature like this, even after searching every DIY tipi thread to be found. Really smart.

The floor option looks sleek as well and the angle to the sidewalls seems great for preventing wind/moisture from coming in.

And for this price, I might even be tempted to buy one for myself, instead of spending weeks trying to replicate it DIY!

I like the height of the tent. As I've had more birthdays, I've found it much easier to put on pants and boots standing up in the morning. I also like the idea of a separate footprint. If damaged beyond repair, it can be easily replaced. Also, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the design to handle a stiff breeze. In my neck of the woods, the wind is either blowing or will be soon.

I really like the attention to detail that Peax employs in their products. The ability to use your trekking poles to aid in the stability of the tent as well as having places to hang things is brilliant! I think they have a real winner here!!!