Peax Solace vs Sitka Hyperdown, By Mike Moore

Your chart says peaks is 62” shoulder width. Peaks website says regular is 64” shoulder width. Be interested in knowing which is correct. That’s a big difference. Also, I noticed u mention 3 way zipper on peaks. The chart accidentally mentions it under Sitka.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your chart says peaks is 62” shoulder width. Peaks website says regular is 64” shoulder width. Be interested in knowing which is correct. That’s a big difference. Also, I noticed u mention 3 way zipper on peaks. The chart accidentally mentions it under Sitka.

Yeah 3 way zip should be under Peax; I’ll see if @Justin Crossley can make that change- thanks!

I measured at the same spots on each of the bags; that could certainly be at different spot than where Peax measured their shoulder width.

Sitka doesn’t list any width measurements and I don’t think there is any manufacturer standards as to where they are measured; maybe there should be?

razorrt5

FNG
I bought the Peax Solice earlier this year after only owning synthetic bags once I saw the features it has, since then I've used it in Alaska spring bear hunting and MT archery elk hunting, I'll be using it in a few weeks on a MT rifle deer and elk hunt. It's an excellent bag I'm 5-8 175 and did buy the regular wide because I'm a side sleeper and its by far the best bag I've owned. It has plenty of space, is warm, and light, those arm holes are key when you wake up early to start a fire in the hot tent and don't want to get out of the bag and the 3 zipper setup for venting is also a great feature, my mid-region always gets too hot in sleeping bags, now I can vent specific areas and avoid most sweating/moisture. I would recommend this bag to anyone

Rock-o

WKR
Import data strongly suggests Peax is made in China. Looks like the Sitka may be made in Philippines. Though it's a design I've never seen before, and I'd consider trying it, I'm out since there are solid bags Made in USA.