Peax Equipment Customer Service

Curious if anyone else has had poor customer service with Peax Equipment?

I always try to support hunting companies first, so I bought the duo headlamp. There was a charging issue out of the box so sent it back. There is no phone number only email. They did pay for shipping back. Jeff Dobbs emailed said everything works but did not address the charging light not working. Again, a phone call would have been nice to prevent all the back and forth. I emailed him back asking to make sure charging light works before shipping back to me. This was on Tuesday and it now Saturday. I have sent 4 emails now with no response.

I will give benefit of doubt maybe he's on vacation, but nonetheless is frustrating paying top dollar for a product and not knowing when you will get it back.

Adam

Dos XX

WKR
I won't buy from a company that doesn't have a phone number listed. I won't buy from a company that won't answer their phone or has a voicemail box that is full, not allowing you to leave a message to be called back. Everything isn't suited for a text or email. Dialogue is sometimes necessary.

wnelson14

WKR
Bought some trekkers returned due to found a better deal, unused and returned within a day or so of receiving. They returned no problem but were very questioning and seemed annoyed. I kept it to myself that word in the street was they just slap a peax sticker on alibaba products and I got the S&S archery ones with a rokslide discount for a far better price.

wyosteve

WKR
Somewhat similar experience. I bought a headlamp from them based on Rokslide review. No instructions on charging,etc. in the box or on their website. Sent an email because no phone number. Took a few days and I did get a response but very short. Seemed like a ‘garage’ business operation to me!

92xj

WKR
I would like to know more about peax. I can’t really figure them out. Montana based, very few products, all from overseas, spent tons on sponsorship of the “big names” in the elk hunting world, how are they making it? Simply because gritty, lampers, and Jacobson are pumping their stuff out? Do they do any design work? Product creation of any kind?

wnelson14

WKR
I would like to know more about peax. I can’t really figure them out. Montana based, very few products, all from overseas, spent tons on sponsorship of the “big names” in the elk hunting world, how are they making it? Simply because gritty, lampers, and Jacobson are pumping their stuff out? Do they do any design work? Product creation of any kind?
Seems like they want to be the “cool kids” in the industry, but not coming out with anything innovative just improving on existing products, there new tent looks decent but so do like 5 other brands tents,

OP
F
Yeah my last email said, just refund me my money. I’ll go back to Black Diamond Storm. I won’t be buying anything from them.

I remember when Argali was barley even a brand, Brad still gave his phone number out and I had a couple in-depth conversations about his product. That’s how you do it to build confidence while building a company.

sivart

WKR
I was told the price diff with the peax headlamp is the better battery? Not sure. I did buy one. Puts out great light. The batt is frickin heavy though. It's heavier than the lamp itself. Prob stick to my black diamond for backcountry hunts. Not gonna carry this thing.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve heard them say the peax has a different type of LED as well as different control/board for the functions. Same housing obviously. Worth over double? Hard to say. I bought the cheap version, its red light is better than any black diamond I’ve had, which pains me to say.

OP
F
I’ve heard them say the peax has a different type of LED as well as different control/board for the functions. Same housing obviously. Worth over double? Hard to say. I bought the cheap version, its red light is better than any black diamond I’ve had, which pains me to say.

The 2023 Black Diamond Storm 500 rechargeable has a good red light. Best out of Black dimond and is bright enough to actually use in the dark. It also has a blue light.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm I'm disheartened to read all these comments. I just about had it with cheaper Black diamonds and Petzl headlamps. I wanted to buy something robust and good battery life. Heard about peax from Grtitty?lampers and thought that this was the way to go....

I thought this was the way to go.... Maybe not. I generally like to buy quality things that last: perhaps headlamps are just a consumable product..

The response I got from peax when i questioned them on the lookalike headlamp at a fraction of the price:

Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback. While the body of the headlamps are very similar, the internal workings and performance is much different. We spent almost 18 months working with an electrical engineer to custom program the circuit board to get the extended run times that we get compared to the Sofirn light. In addition, the upgraded 3600 mAh battery alone is 4x the cost of the generic 18650 batteries supplied with the Sofirn. You already mentioned the upgrade to the LED components and we also customized some of the power button programming as well. Finally, we offer a lifetime warranty on defects where the Sofirn only has a 1 year warranty.

We stand behind the final product we’ve produced as well as the pricing based on our costs and believe our light meets the specific needs of our customers.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope that you’ll continue to support PEAX!

The PEAX Team

TheTone

WKR
The profit margin on one headlamp seems like it’s pretty big, I’d venture the other products are the same and that’s how they’re making it so far

They seem to be pretty much the standard for new companies; rebrand a bunch of mass produced Chinese product, make nothing in house or original and use only influencers for marketing

wnelson14

WKR
Hmm I'm disheartened to read all these comments. I just about had it with cheaper Black diamonds and Petzl headlamps. I wanted to buy something robust and good battery life. Heard about peax from Grtitty?lampers and thought that this was the way to go....

I thought this was the way to go.... Maybe not. I generally like to buy quality things that last: perhaps headlamps are just a consumable product..
I would venture to bet that Peax has some heavy investors and is paying the Instagram/Youtubers monthly salaries to push products (its a good tactic). I'm sure there is an unbiased YouTube comparison of this head lamp vs others somewhere or eventually there will be.
At the end of the day it's a head lamp, test one out and take a backup or two, have another one or two at the truck and you'll be golden.