Peak Refuel Serving Size

Jethro

WKR
I don't eat breakfast food after 9 am, ever.
You never do "breakfast for supper"? We'll do that 1x every 2/3 weeks.

Looks like I'm one of the few that has not finished a rehydrated meal. I like most Peak and MH, but sometimes I don't want the whole bag. Only 1 I have ever completely disliked was Peak Elk Ragu.

I don't think I know anyone that splits a backpacking meal. Always listed as 2 servings but its 2 servings for one person for sure.

I have moved on to my own FD meals, but when I was eating peak, the coconut curry was the best one I had. Pasta and beef strog felt small when it came to amount of food.

You never do "breakfast for supper"? We'll do that 1x every 2/3 weeks.

Looks like I'm one of the few that has not finished a rehydrated meal. I like most Peak and MH, but sometimes I don't want the whole bag. Only 1 I have ever completely disliked was Peak Elk Ragu.

Correct

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry Researchinstuff:

svivian accuses you of burning down his village (along with the alleged 9am breakfast comment). Seems his people were gathering for a cultural event. The Rok council will convene to consider your punishment.

svivian submitted the following photographic evidence of the gathering. That's svivian on the left.

Villlage.jpg

OP
Iltasyuko

Iltasyuko

FNG
Thanks all for the comments. Was pretty sure the 2 servings on the label was nowhere near accurate. I eat the MH Breakfast Skillet Classic all to myself in one sitting and that bag says 2.5 servings per bag.

eli425

FNG
For someone with a good size appetite, does the 2 serving size bag really equate to 2 servings?

I see a Chicken Alfredo package with 870 calories, which to me would mean a 2 serving bag is really a one serving / one meal for a person.
I hover around 200lb and consider myself decently fit. Definitely not a serving thing. I eat the whole thing and look around for other snacks afterwards. If I'm not restricted to weight, I'll eat 2 of them a day. But I guess just depends on your metabolism and what your eating habits normally are.

Dinner for breakfast is legit, especially when you're not in the mood to cook/warm stuff up. Left over steak and left over rotisserie chicken are great cold!

Guys I went down the rabbit hole looking at FDA 'guidelines' for serving sizes. I'm unclear if manufacturers are bound to these guidelines by some regulation (are they thou shalts?), or if they truly are guidelines (thou should) and manufacturers can do what they want, but, basically:
  • I would bet Peak is following FDA guidelines on how to determine how much food is in a serving size, and then...
  • They know how much food they want to include, so they backwards calculate for serving size
  • My personal opinion: you should not interpret 1 serving size as equal to one dinner portion
  • My personal opinion: you should be eating 3000+ calories per day, some of you maybe 4500 calories per day, but I think 3000 minimum or you're going to be burning muscle for energy

Last edited: