Peak refuel chicken recall

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider
FYI for those about to head out to camp, just got an email saying the chicken Alfredo meal I ordered a while back got recalled. I’ll have to check my bin to see if I ate it or not, could be another excuse why I didn’t see many elk this year. Luckily Amazon sends out notifications otherwise nobody would ever see it if purchased in-store or another online retailer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/f.html?C=...sible-listeria&H=RGU6OKDHEUH3ANY6CUTM6A5W80GA
IMG_5395.jpeg

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
Hmm… will have to check mine. That was my least favorite meal by far. Curious if it’s a food safety thing or quality.

OP
Bugger

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm… will have to check mine. That was my least favorite meal by far. Curious if it’s a food safety thing or quality.
Updated post with link from the email, looks to be a potential listeria issue.

TX_Diver

WKR
Updated post with link from the email, looks to be a potential listeria issue.
10-4. Well the chances of me ordering more of that flavor from them remain unchanged 😂 zero…

Generally I have liked their meals, but dang I was less than thrilled when I was eating that one!

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t remember where I bought mine but definitely haven’t gotten a notice on it so far.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Ate one last week and did not like it at all, gave my extra one to my hunting partner. I felt fine afterwards and he liked his meal. I won't be buying much of their food anymore as I just didn't care for most any of them this year. You would think all the sodium in it would kill off the listeria, lol. I wish Black Ovis would send out the recall since I bought it there.

Jayhat

FNG
Ate one last week and did not like it at all, gave my extra one to my hunting partner. I felt fine afterwards and he liked his meal. I won't be buying much of their food anymore as I just didn't care for most any of them this year. You would think all the sodium in it would kill off the listeria, lol. I wish Black Ovis would send out the recall since I bought it there.
I would have thought the freeze drying would

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
After seeing this, I have to plan to unpack when I land in ABQ this morning and replace some meals before heading into the mountains… I repackaged mine into vacuum seal bags so no way to know lot numbers 🤦🏻‍♂️😖🤮

zdc1775

FNG
That's awesome news since I recently got back from a motorcycle trip where I ate three of the flavors recalled and have no idea, or way to find out, what the lot numbers were. Now I'm really questioning the digestive issues I had toward the end of the trip.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Generally I have liked their meals, but dang I was less than thrilled when I was eating that one!
Had you had it in the past and did it change? Its one of my favorites from them. Just wondering if there was a shift or just different taste bud preferences.

Ate one last week and did not like it at all, gave my extra one to my hunting partner. I felt fine afterwards and he liked his meal. I won't be buying much of their food anymore as I just didn't care for most any of them this year

Same question for you.

Tons of options from MH and Peak and others. I am just seeing this as I am preparing for foods for an upcoming trip and I am so glad that I went without purchasing anything premade except whole egg powder.

Here's what I am thinking for meals:
Breakfast:
Ground Coffee + water heated in FireMaple/Jetboil system, poured over using a Hario v90 and filter into a small 8oz yeti cup
Whole egg powder (3-4 servings) mixed with water and heated in FireMaple/Jetboil system
Shelf stable bacon (3 slices)
2 servings of organic granola + additions of freeze-dried fruits, nuts, etc. heated in FireMaple/Jetboil system

Snacks:
RxBar
Chocolate Covered Almonds, Pistachios, Mixed Nuts
60% Cacao chocolate squares (Ghiradeli)
Medjool Dates
Shortbread Cookies
Homemade Oatmeal Cookies
Freeze-dried and or dehydrated fruit (bananas, apples)

Lunch:
Pre-cooked and dehydrated homemade meals (rice/egg noodles + beans/veggies + lean gound beef) - vacuum sealed for each serving
Packaged from home seasonings (salt, Mrs. Dash, etc.) to use in reheating meal in FireMaple/jetboil system - vacuum sealed for each serving
Oatmeal Cookie or other sweet to wrap it up

Snacks:
RxBar
Chocolate Covered Almonds, Pistachios, Mixed Nuts
60% Cacao chocolate squares (Ghiradeli)
Medjool Dates
Shortbread Cookies
Homemade Oatmeal Cookies
Freeze-dried and or dehydrated fruit (bananas, apples)

For this trip, dinner will be back at the camp or in my case AirBnb.

Poser

WKR
I ate some chicken teriyaki and alfredos last week as well. I got home from first rifle on Friday evening. No issues at that time.

I will say that I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday and projectile vomited violently -it splashed from the toilet all over the shower curtain. My gut was rather wrecked through Tuesday of this week. That being said, that seems as if it were too much of a delay in time from the last Peak meal I ate.

TX_Diver

WKR
Had you had it in the past and did it change? Its one of my favorites from them. Just wondering if there was a shift or just different taste bud preferences.

Same question for you.
It was the first time I'd had that flavor so it's possible it was just personal preference.

The noodles were like rocks but there was enough water that the sauce was like soup. Flavor was kinda meh for what I thought would be a pretty easy meal to dehydrate and make tasty.

I am pretty good measuring out the water as advertised for the first time of any flavor and then usually adjust from there. In this case I don't think adjusting either way would have helped. Less water = even worse noodles. More water = even soupier sauce.

I have 2 more though so if they're not part of the recall I guess I'll try again next year.