Peak refuel chicken recall

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider
FYI for those about to head out to camp, just got an email saying the chicken Alfredo meal I ordered a while back got recalled. I’ll have to check my bin to see if I ate it or not, could be another excuse why I didn’t see many elk this year. Luckily Amazon sends out notifications otherwise nobody would ever see it if purchased in-store or another online retailer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/f.html?C=...sible-listeria&H=RGU6OKDHEUH3ANY6CUTM6A5W80GA
IMG_5395.jpeg

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
Hmm… will have to check mine. That was my least favorite meal by far. Curious if it’s a food safety thing or quality.

OP
Bugger

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm… will have to check mine. That was my least favorite meal by far. Curious if it’s a food safety thing or quality.
Updated post with link from the email, looks to be a potential listeria issue.

TX_Diver

WKR
Updated post with link from the email, looks to be a potential listeria issue.
10-4. Well the chances of me ordering more of that flavor from them remain unchanged 😂 zero…

Generally I have liked their meals, but dang I was less than thrilled when I was eating that one!

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t remember where I bought mine but definitely haven’t gotten a notice on it so far.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Ate one last week and did not like it at all, gave my extra one to my hunting partner. I felt fine afterwards and he liked his meal. I won't be buying much of their food anymore as I just didn't care for most any of them this year. You would think all the sodium in it would kill off the listeria, lol. I wish Black Ovis would send out the recall since I bought it there.

Jayhat

FNG
Ate one last week and did not like it at all, gave my extra one to my hunting partner. I felt fine afterwards and he liked his meal. I won't be buying much of their food anymore as I just didn't care for most any of them this year. You would think all the sodium in it would kill off the listeria, lol. I wish Black Ovis would send out the recall since I bought it there.
I would have thought the freeze drying would

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
After seeing this, I have to plan to unpack when I land in ABQ this morning and replace some meals before heading into the mountains… I repackaged mine into vacuum seal bags so no way to know lot numbers 🤦🏻‍♂️😖🤮

zdc1775

FNG
That's awesome news since I recently got back from a motorcycle trip where I ate three of the flavors recalled and have no idea, or way to find out, what the lot numbers were. Now I'm really questioning the digestive issues I had toward the end of the trip.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Generally I have liked their meals, but dang I was less than thrilled when I was eating that one!
Had you had it in the past and did it change? Its one of my favorites from them. Just wondering if there was a shift or just different taste bud preferences.

Ate one last week and did not like it at all, gave my extra one to my hunting partner. I felt fine afterwards and he liked his meal. I won't be buying much of their food anymore as I just didn't care for most any of them this year

Same question for you.