Peak 44 Bastion

I would if I had the stock still. Ended up having to send it back to get the correct LOP. I can say it was a great stock while I had it.

SDHNTR

WKR
I would if I had the stock still. Ended up having to send it back to get the correct LOP. I can say it was a great stock while I had it.
From what I can tell, it appears they do LOP standard at 13”. Perhaps that’s just the stock and then it’s 13.5” final with recoil pad?

Their website is woefully lacking of detailed info. A dimensions chart sure would be useful. Along with some better pictures.

I also cannot tell if the stock has aluminum pillars and if they come installed or not. Do you recall?

No aluminum pillars that I could see. I spoke with JD at Peak and he eventually told me that their base LOP is 13.5" to end of pad. I couldn't get a viable answer as to why mine came out 13".

SDHNTR

WKR
No aluminum pillars that I could see. I spoke with JD at Peak and he eventually told me that their base LOP is 13.5" to end of pad. I couldn't get a viable answer as to why mine came out 13".
So confusing. He told me 13” lop. And in some of their videos that show their bedding procedure they show pillars. Some of their pics show with em too. Frustrating. Why can’t stock manufacturers put pertinent information on their website? This is easily solved with a list of specs and a chart showing dimensions. Some detailed pics would help too. Marketing 101.

Agreed. LOP is BASIC. He did promise me that it would come back to me 13.5" so it damn better. The frustrating thing is they are sticking to their 90 day timeline again. Really pisses me off.

wnelson14

WKR
Here is what I have, no barrel yet so I haven’t shot it, but the stock seems awesome to me.
Probably going to add some texturing down the road to the grip

Attachments

• IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 50

SDHNTR

WKR
Here is what I have, no barrel yet so I haven’t shot it, but the stock seems awesome to me.
Probably going to add some texturing down the road to the grip
Thanks. Looks like 13” lop and 1.75 trigger lead. Can you take a picture of the top of inletting? Does it have aluminum pillars?

wnelson14

WKR
Thanks. Looks like 13” lop and 1.75 trigger lead. Can you take a picture of the top of inletting? Does it have aluminum pillars?
Yes it does scratches the paint off I think you can tell in the picture. Trigger reach might be a little shorter not exactly sure where to hold the tape and it’s hard to leave the tape there for a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpeg
    IMG_2194.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 25

SDHNTR

WKR
Sorry, one more question, how’s the texture? Is there molded in texture in the grip and fore end?

wnelson14

WKR
Sorry, one more question, how’s the texture? Is there molded in texture in the grip and fore end?
Texture is better than stockys bare carbon stocks, but it’s definitely pretty smooth. I’ll probably add some grip tape or some texture with marine tex in the future. Could probably maybe even stipple around the grip but I’m unsure as to how the material would react.

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
13 is short. 13.5 is standard. I’m calling em tomorrow to make sure mines 13.5:-/ they should know that…now I’m nervous

SDHNTR

WKR
13 is short. 13.5 is standard. I’m calling em tomorrow to make sure mines 13.5:-/ they should know that…now I’m nervous
Let us know what they say. Is 13.5” LOP an option?

And tell them to post the doggone specs on their website! It would eliminate a lot of confusion.

SDHNTR

WKR
Was there ever any final confirmation on this? What is actual standard finished LOP, with pad? Is it 13 or 13.5 inches?

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed and called. Couldn’t get anyone on the phone, waited on hold for 30 min. No reply to my email as of yet. I do have a friend who ordered a bastion a few months ago. He had his gunsmith confirm it was right at 13.5.