Pants help

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
Hey ladies,

I’m trying to buy my girlfriend a decent pair of hunting/hiking pants. The weather will be warm but she may layer under them with zip off merino (if you have a lead on that I’m all ears too). She is a large in other brands. What would you look at and why?

Do you know what size her jeans or other pants are by any chance? Like a 10 or 12 or a 28 or 30?

I've worn anything from Kuiu to First Lite to 5.11 pants. My favorite has to be the Kuiu Kutana stretch. I've worn it during the winter and summer. Doesn't come in a women's cut but fits just fine for me personally. I've heard a lot of women talk about Prois pants.

OP
trailblazer75

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t. And I’m trying to be sneaky so I’ll try and dig into a drawer. I know she is a large, typically in hiking pants. She wears 5.11s on the daily and I should’ve thought of that.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of first lite Altura guide pants. I’ll report back on whether she likes them!

SwiftShot

WKR
Eddie Bauer has great stuff. I use Bass pants from Costco. They are stretchy and dry fast, oh they are also 12 dollars. Killed a lot of elk in 12 dollar pants.

Another question if anyone can help, is there any late season fleece lined pants for women? Similar to the kuiu guide pants that are fleece lined?

TedO

Lil-Rokslider
Firstlite Catalyst
Stone Glacier M7

Most of the softshell pants (like the ones listed above) have a fleece backing, plus they're windproof and waterproof and breathable. Can't really go wrong with softshell pants for mid to late season. Too warm for bow early season hunts though.

I have a pair of First Lite Catalyst pants for sale in the classifieds. Size Small.

Another question if anyone can help, is there any late season fleece lined pants for women? Similar to the kuiu guide pants that are fleece lined?
Arcteryx.
My wife has a pair and she absolutely loves them. Wore them the last 2 days snowshoeing for moose sheds actually. They are basically what Kuiu modeled the Guide after. AK hunters were wearing Arcteryx Gamma pants when Kuiu still worked for Sitka. That being said… Kuiu makes the Attack in women’s now. My wife has a pair of those also.

Gooseby

FNG
Don’t mean to hijack but this is quite related. My girlfriend is looking to join me this season starting with spring turkey here pretty soon and she’s looking to get kitted up. The issue she’s been finding is finding clothes that aren’t way too big and curvy. She’s about 5’7 and 120-125 pounds and her pant size is typically a 24R or 25R. In “normal” outdoor brands (patagonia, arcteryx, Outdoor research) she tends to wear XS. Do any of you have any reccomendations? Thank you!

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t mean to hijack but this is quite related. My girlfriend is looking to join me this season starting with spring turkey here pretty soon and she’s looking to get kitted up. The issue she’s been finding is finding clothes that aren’t way too big and curvy. She’s about 5’7 and 120-125 pounds and her pant size is typically a 24R or 25R. In “normal” outdoor brands (patagonia, arcteryx, Outdoor research) she tends to wear XS. Do any of you have any reccomendations? Thank you!
check out the kuiu attack pants for her. I’m 5’8” 145-athletic build and i really like the fit. First lite Alturas used to be good but the last 2 pairs I got fit nothing like the previous pairs. Praha Halle pants are worth a look as well, they’ve got solid colors thatll work well for hunting and just regular outdoor wear.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey ladies,

I’m trying to buy my girlfriend a decent pair of hunting/hiking pants. The weather will be warm but she may layer under them with zip off merino (if you have a lead on that I’m all ears too). She is a large in other brands. What would you look at and why?
Check out FORLOH's Women's Line:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH! 100% Sourced and Made in America

daisy024

FNG
I've been pretty happy with the fit of Kuiu women's pants. I have both the Attack and Tiburon. The Tiburons are really nice and light, but fit slightly slimmer than the Attacks. I've bought a size 6 in both and have 37" hips and 26" waist. The Attacks have plenty of room for a baselayer underneath.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Hey ladies,

First Lite and Sitka have several options for warmer weather hunting pants. I feel First Lite tends to fit looser than Sitka if she leans toward a baggier fit or wants the option to have a base layer underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those normal outdoor brands in muted colors would be really high quality hunting pants and I would stay with those.

She also can then use them outside hunting seasons since no camo.

I kinda do that now or use the cheap wranglers and just a camo top like firstlight wool top and then good to go for archery.

gtriple

WKR
First Lite and Sitka have several options for warmer weather hunting pants. I feel First Lite tends to fit looser than Sitka if she leans toward a baggier fit or wants the option to have a base layer underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's annoying that they don't offer women's clothing exactly like men's clothing. My First Lite pants have knee pads, reinforced seat, and long side vents. They don't offer that in women's.

The best women's pants I've seen are the Kuiu attack pants. Those plus the zip-off Kuiu bottoms are great.

The Forloh Allclima pants look awesome too.

Last edited:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's annoying that they don't offer women's clothing exactly like men's clothing. My First Lite pants have knee pads, reinforced seat, and long side vents. They don't offer that in women's.

The best women's pants I've seen are the Kuiu attack pants. Those plus the zip-off Kuiu bottoms are great.

The Forloh Allclima pants look awesome too.
FORLOH! Has both men's and women's collections!