Pants discussion (Timberline, Attack, De Havilland)

I own the Timberline and Attack pant. I am thinking of purching the De Havilland (lite or standard)

How does the DH compare to the Timberline and the Attack pant?

Obviously the Timberline is a warmer pant, but I like the hand pocket layout better, and the cargo pockets are way more easy to get in and out compared to the Attack pants. Just curious how the DH pants would compare in weight, warmth, breathability, function, and pocket layouts to the other two pants?

Jfox21

FNG
DH lite by stone glacier great pant lighter wt than timberline, nice bc it has zip vents on legs, very durable and great stretch. They have a true boot cut so larger opening ar bottom than sitka or KUIU designed this way so it easily falls over boots. They are very breathable and light wt. but will for sure work early through mid season hunting. Also DH has built in belt. If it’s going to be cold go timberline otherwise I would get de Haviland

OP
RangerRick
DH lite by stone glacier great pant lighter wt than timberline, nice bc it has zip vents on legs, very durable and great stretch. They have a true boot cut so larger opening ar bottom than sitka or KUIU designed this way so it easily falls over boots. They are very breathable and light wt. but will for sure work early through mid season hunting. Also DH has built in belt. If it’s going to be cold go timberline otherwise I would get de Haviland
Just ordered the DH pants (non lite). Gonna see how they fit and feel. Might send them back for the lite option depending on how they feel. Figured I can always unzip the side vents to regulate.

How are the DH pants compared to the DH lite when it comes to the stretch factor?

Jfox21

FNG
DJ lite way stretchier. I have been elk hunting in them this week they have been awesome!

OP
RangerRick
DJ lite way stretchier. I have been elk hunting in them this week they have been awesome!
Do you own both regular and lites?

Have you worn the timberlines in comparison to stretchiness?

OP
RangerRick
I have all 3 pants, DH lite more stretch than heavier timberline.

How would you rate them: Timberline, DH, DH lite

Durability:
Noise:
Stretch:
Warmth:
Fit:
Function:

If you had to pick 1 over the other two?

Jfox21

FNG
Durability: timberline
Noise: similar
Stretch: DH lite
Warmth: timberline
Fit: timberline
Function: DHlite Because you can wear it when it’s warm and you could put a base layer on and wear it when it’s cold

If you had to pick 1 over the other two? Early season DH lite , if cold snowy or wet timberline for sure!

OP
RangerRick
Durability: timberline
Noise: similar
Stretch: DH lite
Warmth: timberline
Fit: timberline
Function: DHlite Because you can wear it when it’s warm and you could put a base layer on and wear it when it’s cold

If you had to pick 1 over the other two? Early season DH lite , if cold snowy or wet timberline for sure!
Awesome. Thanks man. When do you use the regular Dehavillands?

OP
RangerRick
I don’t use them.
Bummer. I may have to buy a pair of DH lites and see which I like better. I currently own the Kuiu attacks, Sitka Timberlines and Dehavillands (they haven’t arrived yet) maybe DH lites are in the future. Thanks for the info.

JAM7

FNG
SG does a much better job with sizing than other brands imo. Sitka and kuiu are both simply not functional for me due to their lack of a real tall sizing. I have a tall/slim body type (usually buy 32x36 pants) and SG pants fit. The timberline “talls” have a 33” inseam, idk how they consider that to be tall sizing.

I have had all three. I’ve blown out 4 pairs of DH the stitching had come undone in the crotch on all of the pairs I’ve owned. The DH lites didn’t fit right so I sent them back. SG warrantied all of the DL. ( great customer service) my timberline pants are awesome just wish they had side vents. Attacks have been ok they hold up great but I don’t love how they fit in the legs for me they end up getting really baggy when wet and end up sliding down my waist.

Gotcha_

FNG
I don’t use them.
Where are you hunting?
Just ordered the DH pants (non lite). Gonna see how they fit and feel. Might send them back for the lite option depending on how they feel. Figured I can always unzip the side vents to regulate.

How are the DH pants compared to the DH lite when it comes to the stretch factor?
What would be your feeback on this now?

I have been a long time attack fan. Stroll prefer them over FL and Sitka for fit and function.

I just bought my first pair of Kutana. Same basic design but a lighter fabric. I think these will be my go to from now on.