Pant stress, help

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently scouring the internet trying to find the perfect pants for my style of hunting. I’m a whitetail hunter only. No turkey, no small game, no western hunting. I think about whitetail hunting or I’m in the woods scouting or hunting every day.

I’m in search for a pant that I can put on at my house, hike up and down East Tennessee, southern Ohio, Illinois and Kentucky hills/ ridge’s and be able to dump heat but yet stay warm down to 20deg with the right base layer.

So I know I need hip vents, quieter the better, solid colors are preferred (green). The catch is although I’m in great shape, I’m a big dude. 6’3” 44” waist. So I’m limited. Kuiu etc not and option.

So far all I’ve landed on are the first lite catalyst foundry and kings camo preacher pants 2.0. Open to and looking forward to suggestions. Thanks!

KneeDeep

FNG
Well, the good news is that you can probably scout and hunt for the perfect pants as long and hard as you do for whitetail because they are dang hard to find and "perfect pants" seem to be as varied as "perfect boots".

For what it's worth, In my own quest for the perfect pants to suit my hiking and whitetail hunting needs I ended up concluding that I would always be too hot in pants I could sit still in a stand or blind in, and too cold in pants I could hike in without dying of heat exhaustion when hiking. I went wtih Prana Stretch Zion (90% of time) and Sitka Mountain pants (10% of time when it's really cold in MI) for the hiking and scouting parts and got a pair fo full zip leg insulation pants for the sitting part. My full zip insulation pants are a pair of Military Liner pants (M65 short I think) that I sewed full length zippers into to replace the buttons and customize the fit to be a but tighter around the bottom of my legs. It works great for me because I always have a small pack with my anyway.

OP
lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
So infuriating that every single pant review you read says Size up. Why don’t they just make a pair of pants in the size they label them as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
The catalyst pants should be what you are searching for.

The foundry version?

Anyone have first hand experience on if they’re quiet and warm enough for treestand hunting?

92xj

WKR
Forloh allclima stretch in green, with a zip off base layer to put on once you get your sitting destination in 20 degrees. I feel their pants fit true to size unlike Sitka and kuiu that run a tick small for my likings.

schmalzy

WKR
I’d check out Stone Glacier Devahilland lites

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for catalyst. I'm jealous of my buddy's and am looking to pick up a pair for this season

OP
lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy actually has both. I'm planning on getting the foundry. I have other pants that work fine for early season. I don't mind being wet when it's warm.

Are they at least quiet enough to stand up in a treestand with a whitetail 60 yards away or so? Odd hypothetical question but seemed relevant.

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, my buddy uses them in stands for archery at 20 yards with no issues.
I mostly still hunt and am not worried. I've always been impressed with how quiet they are.

OP
lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, my buddy uses them in stands for archery at 20 yards with no issues.
I mostly still hunt and am not worried. I've always been impressed with how quiet they are.

Thanks for your help bud