Packable bone saw?

OK, so this smaller saw is the one that comes with the Swing Blade? I might have to call OE and se if they will sell it seperately.

I got mine at sportsmans for under $20. Not sure if they still have them. On OEs site now they only have that saw in a set. Its pretty sweet saw though.

I would never use a cable saw I don think but a saw like this I use on some trips. Setting up stands for sawing branches im not able to bust. Shed hunting incase I want to take the horns off a dead head. Take a skull cap off of a harvest if I dont want the whole skull. I keep it in my ATV or truck too for work around a base camp.

2rocky

WKR
For Elk I want a longer blade than the flip style saws offer.

Since we have horses we will use the long trail clearing saws we carry on horseback.

But I wouldn't overlook a 15 inch carpenters hand saw in the pack. Should go in flat against your back. Come campfire time you can get that bigger material in manageable lengths...

bandit1

FNG
I got this saw in a package with the flip and zip which is the folding version of the swing blade. I also tried to find it for sale by itself but had no luck. Bought the package and actually like the knife too.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I got this saw in a package with the flip and zip which is the folding version of the swing blade. I also tried to find it for sale by itself but had no luck. Bought the package and actually like the knife too.

OK, I saw this package deal saw and knife at the bow shop today. But the saw looked different. The tip had a 90 degree dogleg to it. It wasnt straight like the one pictured here. Have they changed the design?

slim9300

WKR

MattB

WKR
What search string are you using in Youtube for the bone saw blade/string videos? I tried a few combinations and found nothing.

bandit1

FNG
OK, I saw this package deal saw and knife at the bow shop today. But the saw looked different. The tip had a 90 degree dogleg to it. It wasnt straight like the one pictured here. Have they changed the design?

No, mine had the same tip that you're talking about. I didn't want it on there so I took it to my bench grinder and cleaned it off.

Just ran some weights on my scale at home.
1. Wyoming saw 1.1 3/8.
2. Outdoor edge griz saw 5 3/8 ounces
3. Older Gerber Slide out sheath saw 3 3/8 ounce
4. Outdoor edge Kodi saw, part of Kodi Pak 3 ounces saw only.
5. Outdoor folding flip and zip saw 2 5/8 ounce

I have the standard gerber folding somewhere but cant seem to find it at the moment. Just hope this helps for the guys that do carry a saw to skull cap. In Oregon I can legally just bring out the skull cap with antlers and one ear and eye. Saves a ton of weight leaving the head especially when youre 4 or 5 miles in.

MattB

WKR
cool video but he used a saw to make it.... kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me, i could build that saw really quick and nice if i had my wyoming saw with me ;)... i wont be building that setup packing just my havalon

Thanks for the video, but I am not sure I understand. Why wouldn't you just use the saw that you bring to make the bucksaw to skull cap the animal?

unm1136

WKR
cool video but he used a saw to make it.... kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me, i could build that saw really quick and nice if i had my wyoming saw with me ;)... i wont be building that setup packing just my havalon

It strikes me that the pvc that he uses can either have it ends notched, or prefab ends, or carry inside with the blade a pre fabbed crossbar for building his saw. I may be looking at that possibility.

pat