Pack List Review. Spike camp maybe in order.

11boo

WKR
I never have good luck with the bladder in freezing temp, and it will be cold. Even blowing the line back is iffy.

Good call on the trekking poles. Snow is likely.

I don’t take a spotter, but I’m not a horn hunter anymore.

make sure any key items like Inreach and mapping are updated before you get off grid.

Not sure of your vehicle preps, but if you are coming from the south, grab the anti freeze wiper fluid at any gas stop up here.
Shovel and extrication gear and a chain saw in the truck never hurt. I have spent an hour hand cutting a tree downed across the road.

OP
dphifer

dphifer

FNG
I like your list. Looking at it it looks like you are updating it. Well done....

I would still ditch the bear bag, go with 3 days of food and use your dry bag as your "bear bag".

I don't like bladders and have gone to the HDPE nalgene's. Half the weight of the regular, can take hotter water as a "hot water bottle". The value of the hot water bottle option can make a cold bad night into a no big deal. Can be placed upside down to help keep freezing the lid area. They are cheap.They also help me monitor my intake.

The bladder for resupply you have is fine, just realize you will most likely have freezing there as well.

I think your clothing weight is on. Mine always seem to actually weigh more than other peoples as well.

As has been stated. Make sure having fun is number 1. Don't be a tough guy if something isn't working, bail back to the truck and adjust....then get back after it.....

I'll be out for 2nd rifle as well.....
Thanks for the info. I am adjusting as I fine tune my list before I leave. 4 more work days and I am headed that way. I’ll check out those HDPE nalgenes.

OP
dphifer

dphifer

FNG
I never have good luck with the bladder in freezing temp, and it will be cold. Even blowing the line back is iffy.

Good call on the trekking poles. Snow is likely.

I don’t take a spotter, but I’m not a horn hunter anymore.

make sure any key items like Inreach and mapping are updated before you get off grid.

Not sure of your vehicle preps, but if you are coming from the south, grab the anti freeze wiper fluid at any gas stop up here.
Shovel and extrication gear and a chain saw in the truck never hurt. I have spent an hour hand cutting a tree downed across the road.
Thanks. I haven’t even considered the cold weather wiper fluid. Think I have the other vehicle stuff covered. I don’t have tire chains but did consider getting some.