Pack color

Jotis

WKR
Looking at getting a new pack for archery elk hunting. What color pack,are you using. My last couple have been camo. Thinking of going green or brown this time

I’m a big fan of the two tone Ranger Green that Kifaru does. I’m not a fan of coyote brown due to safety reasons with some of the trigger happy folks out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notradame

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Nimrod pack which is a modular pack that utilizes a color coded system. It allows you to quickly disconnect that part of the system you do not need for a day hunt (leaving it in camp) and going with a reduced pack which utilizes the same harness system. The system can be purchased with different attachments to fit your needs. If you would like you can incorporate a metal frame into the same harness system for heavy loads. You should look into them to see if that may be the best for your needs. They are expensive but in my opinion well worth the money.

I went Ranger when I set up my hunting pack a couple years ago. Foliage is(was) a good color for the Colorado high country. I’m really happy with the color in the field, it just looks good - especially with its accents in Coyote brown like Kifaru and others do.

I honestly never thought about avoiding tan but it makes sense. I can see the logic in not looking like a big chunk of mule deer or elk during rifle season.

Donny123

FNG
I like ranger green. Solid colors are nice for overall use and gray or coyote could look like a creature slipping through the brush

I thought the same thing when I was shopping for one. The brown ones look a little too “elk colored” for my taste, so I went with green.
I’m a big fan of the two tone Ranger Green that Kifaru does. I’m not a fan of coyote brown due to safety reasons with some of the trigger happy folks out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk