outdoorsman leica geovid ring adaptor

Go with their bino hand, it was made/developed for the Leica RF Bino’s.

thanks, on the website it says that both styles of mounts were developed for the leica rf binos specifically. hoping someone has experience with them?

I really like the bino hand and another positive it has is that it’ll work on any bino so if you upgrade or change binos you don’t have to spend more money.

Also if you have the newer hd-b or hd-r I don’t think that ring adapter will work.

I have used the Outdoorsmans adaptor ring with my Geovids for several years and really like it! Holds securely, is light weight and low profile for storage in my AGC bino harness.

thanks guys, appreciate the feedback...with the bino hand, how securely does it hold the binos? any pics of it setup and in use? does it need a stud installed in the hand? or is it a plate to the top that mounts on top of the pistol grip head? their website information isn't very clear

thanks!!

0BEtp2c.jpg

It is extremely secure. More stable than when I ran the stud on my binos. You put a Quick Release adapter on the bottom of the Bino hand and then it mounts like any other adapter. I’ve also used the Bino hand to throw my stock in for shooting off my tripod when I was in a pinch.

Disregard the toy, I found it in my pack during this bear hunt after my son was apparently messing around in my office.

The bino hand would definitely do the trick and be secure, but once attached, it's too bulky to fit in most bino harnesses.

If you're constantly taking your bins on and off the tripod, a more streamlined adapter like that 42mm ring adapter might be better.

0BEtp2c.jpg

It is extremely secure. More stable than when I ran the stud on my binos. You put a Quick Release adapter on the bottom of the Bino hand and then it mounts like any other adapter. I’ve also used the Bino hand to throw my stock in for shooting off my tripod when I was in a pinch.

Disregard the toy, I found it in my pack during this bear hunt after my son was apparently messing around in my office.

Abit of a newbie to connecting binos to tripod, ordered the bino hand for tripod with ball head and an extra QR plate from promaster. Will I need anything else to connect the bino hand or will the 1/4" screw from the QR plate be able to attached directly to the bino hand?

The bino hand would definitely do the trick and be secure, but once attached, it's too bulky to fit in most bino harnesses.

If you're constantly taking your bins on and off the tripod, a more streamlined adapter like that 42mm ring adapter might be better.

In practical application I don’t know anyone that is constantly doing this, I’ll take my binos off and put my spotter on but I just set my binos down on my pack, jacket or something else. I don’t see a need or reason to put them back in a Bino Case if I’m just sitting and glassing and I don’t run and gun glassing off a tripod. The qr plate removes the same no matter the mount holding the binos. I don’t remove the bino hand until I’m done sitting to glass off the tripod, then it goes back in the pack same as the tripod.

Abit of a newbie to connecting binos to tripod, ordered the bino hand for tripod with ball head and an extra QR plate from promaster. Will I need anything else to connect the bino hand or will the 1/4" screw from the QR plate be able to attached directly to the bino hand?

1/4-20 screw from qr plate will bolt directly to the bino hand.

Back