Outdoor Adventure Book Recommendation

Gen273

WKR
Guy’s
I am looking for recommendations for a new book to read. I am looking for something in outdoor adventure non-fiction. I prefer a book with bear hunting and back country wilderness or an Alaskan setting. Thanks in advance!!

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
You bet. Wish I still had my copy, I'd read it again, its that good. Took it with me on the Kobuk for a couple weeks in 1995, which made it seem a little cooler I suppose.

Been a while since I read it. Some Alaska and bear stories , but also chasing north American game and african. (Older style book. Not heavily edited)
20220624_225024.jpg

elkliver

WKR
Not a hunting adventure but The Grass Beyond the Mountains is really good. Pioneering in the back country of bc

bbell

WKR
81 Days Below Zero by Brian Murphy. Someone on here recommended it and I really enjoyed. About a military pilot who crashed and his fight for survival.

Some of the ones I’ve enjoyed most are the bush pilot books. Planes and Alaska kind of go hand in hand. Wager with the Wind(James Greiner) and The Last of the Bush Pilots(Harmon Helmericks) are two of my favorites. Helmerick’s book isn’t super exciting but was just a great recount of what it was like to live, fly, and hunt in the wilds of Alaska.