Other Meat on the Elk

So beside the usual quarters, backstraps and tenderloins. what do you guys also bring out to eat. Personally i hate the liver my grandma loves it so if i kill one this year ill bring that out as well. but if not totally destroyed i LOVE the heart specially eating it the night of the kill. but i have heard of people eating neck meat, kidneys, im jus not to into that haha. Like my dad always say only way to cook a kidney is to boil the pi$$ outa it hahahahahaha, But seriously what do you guys take out eat possibly how you cook it i may want to try it this year

hobbes

WKR
If its red and not an internal organ.......its worth packing out. I can't imagine leaving the neck meat.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I do my best to get all of the edible meat. Wyoming has some guidelines for what meat should weigh based on the age of the animal. I have been checked for this more than once, so I would rather do a good job getting the meat than just taking the most typical stuff.

Hardstalk

WKR
On an elk when packing isnt an issue ill widdle out the rib meat and add it to the neck/flank bag for burger and sasuage. Also depends on how it was hung. The rib meat is the first to turn to jerky.

littlebuf

Banned
why in the world would you leave the neck meat?!!! talk about a waste...

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
yep Alaska has it right....all edible meat, sometimes the heart.

I am thankful Alaska has that regulation and from the sounds of it so should the rest of the US. I had no idea so many people actually left all that meat behind and just took the quarters, back straps, and tenderloins. WOW.