Orthodics

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
The superfeet ain't cutting it anymore and I need some better orthotics.

For those that use prescribed custom molded orthodics in their boots any issues? I am thinking of things like sliding around in the boot, changes in fit, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

have heard good things about:

friend of mine used some of his HSA money from work to buy these and he has been impressed, no personal experience though!

OP
B

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
These inserts are coming from a podiatrist office.

My foot bone arrangement is losing its resemblance to the normal foot structure diagram on her wall.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I use the athletic control support orthotics from: https://www.io-lab.com/orthotics/ Prescribed to me for plantar fasciitis after having the surgery. Wear them in all my boots and running shoes with no issues. Would not consider anything else.

OP
B

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks.
I am getting scanned for orthodics at podiatrist's office in a couple days.

These will not be full footbed length like sheep feet. They can move between footwear but was worried about them sliding around in boots when going downhill etc.

That is true about moving those from shoe to shoe, but my feet wouldn’t put up with the half length. Luckily it’s my daily boots or hiking boots and moving a full length custom was worth it. I’m dying to try the sheep feet but haven’t pulled the trigger myself.

OP
B

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
I'll know in a couple weeks how the things are going to look and work.

No foot mold but a 3D scan of my feet. I'm curious how they can use those for a pattern.

In the meantime, they sold me a 3/4 length pair that help but I haven't done any tough hikes with them. They are reaarranging my knees, plantar and bad ankle tho.

Birddog00

FNG
Definitely going to be following this, I work on my feet all day walking on concrete and I'm developing planer facetious. I had my feet scanned for insoles but they are destroying my heel

pk_

WKR
Thanks.
I am getting scanned for orthodics at podiatrist's office in a couple days.

These will not be full footbed length like sheep feet. They can move between footwear but was worried about them sliding around in boots when going downhill etc.

My podiatrist uses Velcro for the 3/4 length ones.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of prescribed orthotics that are half length. I wear them during the day and around the house, but wear normal insoles when i'm hunting, working out, etc. It's made a pretty noticeable difference for me.