Oregon draw results are up

OP
roosiebull
Drew an eastside. Hopefully we don’t get hit with a big snow storm like we did in 2022.
Yeah, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, I’m hoping I can access 3500’ for the turkey opener, it will not be a good sign if I’m in southern Oregon for the opener, haha.

joehew89

FNG
Good luck everyone! I drew an Eastside unit. I think it could be good earlier than normal this year with the low snow pack. already starting to see some green up at the lower elevations and south facers.

Brando

FNG
Yeah, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, I’m hoping I can access 3500’ for the turkey opener, it will not be a good sign if I’m in southern Oregon for the opener, haha.
The same to you. We were over there in 2022 at about 5k feet the week before turkey opener. We actually left on the 15th because of the snow.
We could have killed 2 toms the first day in camp from our trailer door.
Those birds were in camp every day.

Attachments

• IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2565.jpeg
    IMG_2565.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 12
That’s great country. Backpacking? Floating?
Floating sounds nice in some ways, but I’m not sure it’s the most efficient way to bear hunt. I think we’ll probably camp somewhere central, and spike out if I have too.

I’ve waded across the river that the unit is named after in the fall. Anyone know if the south fork would be wadeable in May?

cueva

FNG
Drew Alsea/Stott! 0 points and first time spring bear hunting! Would love any tips or advice on anyone that knows this unit. Gonna scope it out next month

OP
roosiebull
Well, so much for getting ahead with green up, 10 day forecast on the coast doesn’t get above 50 for a high and lots of rain. Last night it was hard to sleep it was blowing so hard… a few days ago it felt like spring, but it certainly doesn’t now.

Looks like a lot of low elevation snow instead

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
Well, so much for getting ahead with green up, 10 day forecast on the coast doesn’t get above 50 for a high and lots of rain. Last night it was hard to sleep it was blowing so hard… a few days ago it felt like spring, but it certainly doesn’t now.

Looks like a lot of low elevation snow instead
it was real bad yesterday mid coast, felt like a good ole coastal winter blow and rain. I saw the snow level was dropping to 1200ft. Hopefully sunny days ahead after this stint.

OP
roosiebull
it was real bad yesterday mid coast, felt like a good ole coastal winter blow and rain. I saw the snow level was dropping to 1200ft. Hopefully sunny days ahead after this stint.
Yep, yesterday was nasty. I was out trying to catch a horse mid day and I couldn’t have been any more wet, standing water in my xtratufs from water going down my legs

Probably should have put full rain gear on, but I knew I would have to some running

Nothing for me or my brother in law, niece drew SW though! Glad she got it and hopefully we can get her on a bear!

I drew SW….looks like I’m going solo as I really didn’t expect to draw as a non-resident with 0 points and haven’t made plans with anyone to come along. But I’ve got a week off to hit it as hard as possible.