Oregon 17 Points, Steens, Wait for N Werner?

Oregon 17 Points

• Steens

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • N Warner

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other, please list

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Taudisio

WKR
You gotta post some pictures of bucks and the one you get! I have 7 points and have thought about shopping for muzzy/archery, but I have other big game plans the next few years.

DRUSS

WKR
Good luck on your hunt! I'm currently working in lakeview and have a friend with 1st season tag. Not sure if you have had any time to scout yet? Looks like more rds-trails are closed since when I was here in 2020. Definitely a lot more people around after tag results came out...

OP
BRTreedogs
I don't think I'll have time to scout until the week before my hunt opens.
There are 2 wsa area id expect to have closed roads.
But the blm areas I wouldn't expect any to be closed?

JeffP_Or

WKR
For anyone interested i drew Warner 2nd season this yr.
@WeiserBucks is gonna help me out.

Well have a blast ether way.
Give 'em heck! Bound to be an adventure.

I don't think I'll have time to scout until the week before my hunt opens.
There are 2 wsa area id expect to have closed roads.
But the blm areas I wouldn't expect any to be closed?
Have you picked up the Harney County Hunt unit map for Warner? You can get them online or pick them up at the Riley store. I find them to be easy to read and reliable with road info.

The WSA there appear to be on the rims - fundamentally roadless; there are often times worn/old two-tracks that people have cut in but neither of those spots appear overwhelming large or remote for hiking.

I have spent a bit of time wandering around some of that unit for birds and can let you know what I saw - last year - if interested. PM if you want. Do you have any specific target spots?

OP
BRTreedogs
Give 'em heck! Bound to be an adventure.

Have you picked up the Harney County Hunt unit map for Warner? You can get them online or pick them up at the Riley store. I find them to be easy to read and reliable with road info.

The WSA there appear to be on the rims - fundamentally roadless; there are often times worn/old two-tracks that people have cut in but neither of those spots appear overwhelming large or remote for hiking.

I have spent a bit of time wandering around some of that unit for birds and can let you know what I saw - last year - if interested. PM if you want. Do you have any specific target spots?
Yes I ordered map from Harney County last year.

I'll shoot you a pm.
Thanks

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomM