ordered me a tenzing 6000

sk1

WKR
So I being that my originally first true backpack style hunt was planned for 2013 and has now bumped up to this year due to wildfires burning where I was going to hunt from a basecamp....I've bought things rather quickly, lots of things lol.

Just ordered a TZ 6000 pack for $350 and free shipping, just couldn't swing the kifaru dt2 this season(or so my wife tells me lol) pretty excited about it none the less, hopefully it holds up to the hype as being one of the better store bought packs....Badlands was a nightmare for me, I use the Eberlestock X2 for my dayhunts and like it....hopefully this works well too.

So I've read all the old threads, but now that they have been out for a bit, has anyone really gotten out to test theirs yet? Likes or dislikes? If nothing else I'll just add a review to this post when I get mine and hop on the incline treadmill with some weight.

OR Archer

WKR
Been VERY happy so far with my Tenzing 5000. Been hiking with weight in it and it is very comfortable to me. Holds all of my gear with plenty of room to spare.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
awesome glad to hear it, any idea how much weight you have been hiking with?

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I've put a bit of time in with mine and overall I'm happy. I haven't packed it with gear for the upcoming hunt but I did put 60#'s in it for a 7 mile jaunt. It held up well, especially after I made some adjustments. There are some secret hip belt tighteners under the hip belt pockets that helped a ton. I'm a 31" waist and pack belts often dont' get tight enough, even with a smaller size. Once I snugged these up, I was good to go.
I haven't used the rifle/bow sling yet but I think it will work well. I would have like to of seen ice axe / tool loops integrated but I guess I could just stuff them in the side pocket or to the back under a compression strap. Maybe I'll just sew one on... Chasing sheep and goats, even blacktails can lead to some snowfields or icey terrain.
I did have a fast-tech snap failure on the lower compression straps, but it was due to the molding procees of the snap. NO fault of Tenzings, except maybe a little closer eye on the QA process. I e-mailed Jay at Tenzing with a picture and I had a new clip ( male and female) in a day or two.
This is my first hunting specific pack and I like what Tenzing has done. If I pack it carefully I think it will do well for my 7 day fly in sheep. I'm gonna load her up soon,maybe close to 100# and see how she handles.